Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FTV card - suggestions/help to re-activate

• 27-08-2004 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Guys
    I had a genuine FTV card(using a friends address in NI) matched to a sky box last early last year and it worked perfectly.
    I have been working abroad for the past year and left the unit in Wicklow and have not had the unit switched on and of course the card has de activated. I have now brought the box here to Poland and am trying to activate the card. I rang the sky number (on my roaming Irish mobile) and they said they were unable to help.

I read Mickeyboymel thread on "All F.T.V Card Questons Answered Here" it states that "The legitimate FTV card is guaranteed to last until at least Dec 2005". Can anybody suggest what i can do to get the card reactivated,i am desperate for Channel 4 & 5.
    Out of interest I have a second skybox with a sky suscription working here in southern Poland(Wroclaw city) on a 90cm dish at 90% signal quality, but unfortunately a 150cm dish is needed here for astra 2d reception out here, so no RTE !!

Chas :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

they dont switch off cards unless they have been told to or they have copped its being usues illgeally and they only way they could have figured that was is it was in a box with a phone line connected.

They card has simply needs to be left in the box for a while. Its loses channels if its left out of the box too long. Usually leaving it in the box overnight works in ireland anyway not too sure about poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

Leave the box switched to Sky news and the card in for a day or 2.

Advertisement