Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Please, DIY Installation

• 26-08-2004 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Have recently moved house and decided to connect up the auld digi box.
    I cannot get a signal, I know I may need a pro to install it, however he cannot make it for another few weeks and I have some spare time on my hands and I am trying to get it up and running. I am in the north Leitrim/N.west Cavan region and do not have many obstructions in the way (i.e. buildings.. just a few mountains, normal TV is ok). I have a Pace digibox and when I go into the set up menu I get nothing - no signal / quality, lock, network, transponder etc. I am trying to do a DIY installation, the cabling is fine (CT100) and as far as I can tell the connections are ok, I am roughly pointing dish in the correct direction, I am told there could be a slight delay before you see any of the signal bars come on to the screen, would I have to leave in a postion for seconds or minutes? Is the LNB or box knackered ? Can anybody help by offering advice if been in a similar situation?

PS, Also can anybody tell me how do I access the engineers menu, will this help? :confused:

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Leave the dish in each position for a few seconds between each adjustment.

The engineers menu is accessed by pressing Services-> 4 -> 0 -> 1 -> Select but I'm not sure if there is anything in there that will help with your installation.

Good luck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

A satellite finder is a device you place between your dish and receiver to indicate signal strength! :D

Advertisement