Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Script writing/screen writing partner wanted

Options
  • 04-09-2013 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm a 31 year old Irish male living in South Dublin and I've recently finished a degree in Multimedia. I've written and directed some short films and want to take the next step and attempt a feature film script or a series. I love most film and television genres but I tend to gravitate towards sci-fi, character dramas and action adventure but I would also love to try my hand at horror or a even period drama eventually. I believe regardless of genre, it's always important to inject humour into writing where appropriate because laughs really enhance a viewing experience.

Basically I'm looking for a like-minded writing partner, male or female and roughly close to my age who is committed to creating compelling, well-written stories with an aim to entertain. Having written with people in the past, passion and enthusiasm is essential and also a strong sense of story, character and dialogue.

I'm hoping a writing collaboration will help elevate my own work and create a working relationship conducive to developing new ideas and projects. I have a number of my concepts I want to develop but I'm also interested in creating entirely new ideas.

Reply here or pm me if you are interested.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Gothic horror/sci fi with humour ..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Hedgemeister

Guess that rules me out, being over 60!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Elixir

Age isn't hugely important to be honest as long as people are committed. I just mentioned it as people tend to be more settled and have different priorities as they get older but everyone is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Hedgemeister

No problem Elexir, but I must tell Stephen King (66) and Dean Koontz (68) next time I meet 'em.
    Best of luck with your project.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

Elixir wrote: »
    Age isn't hugely important to be honest as long as people are committed. I just mentioned it as people tend to be more settled and have different priorities as they get older but everyone is different.

Funny, really . . . when I initially read your post, I thought you were just on the make, but the irony in your avatar coupled with your desire for youth ^^^, gave me the primal urge to comment.

I am a truly committed 49 year old . . . I've been this way for 3 years now. I am quite settled, but with only a single unsettling priority that seems to come with middle age: get everyone over to the other side . . . and it's not what you think.

Let me tell you a little story:

The place I call home had a visitor a couple of years back from Enda Kenny. He saw me down in the garden turning the beds, and ambled over. He actually spoke to me!

"Very nice flower beds. How long have you worked here?"

Chuckling quietly to myself, I replied:

"I'm an inmate, Enda. I shouldn't be here. Can you get me out of here?"

Enda put his hand thoughtfully under his chin, rubbed it a little, and nodded. At least he looked like he was being thoughtful.

"You must be OK - these flowers and beds look fabulous! I'll put in a good word for you with the Warden."

He promptly turned away, and ambled off with his entourage.

When he was about 30 feet away, I grabbed a small rock and whipped it at his head. He yelped and spun around holding the back of his head, tears beginning to well up in his eyes, and a look of shock at what I had done. I waved, then cupped my hands and yelled over to him:

"Don't forget, eh? The names's Rockman!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

Hey - I was wondering did you finance and produce the short films yourself?

I wrote a couple of screenplays when I was in college and found it next to impossible to get someone to read them, let alone make them. Can you tell me what you went through to get them made?

Would you need to meet with your writing partner or could it be done via email etc? Do you have a plot in mind? I'm terrible at coming up with plots but I think I'm good at dialogue and characters.

Advertisement