Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭blahfckingblah

I take it you guys are devastated at the fate that has befallen your fond neighbours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I take it you guys are devastated at the fate that has befallen your fond neighbours.

No. Ok thats a bit of a lie. There is apart of me saying told you so.

But in long run it does nobody any good.

No sympathy here though. They should of bloody done something. Signs were there for years.
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Do Hibs have a large irish following still?

Not sure what you mean by large. I dont know roughly many are in Ireland. There used to be Hibs supporters group that met up in Czech Inn near Temple Bar. They moved not sure to where. Was only about 10-15 of them but talked to few and sound out. Few of them were Scots though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Looking to set up a supporters club in Cork. There are about 15 of us too.

On Hearts-They deserve to be where they are. They can always start again.......from the start with no honours

shezer wrote: »
    Looking to set up a supporters club in Cork. There are about 15 of us too.

On Hearts-They deserve to be where they are. They can always start again.......from the start with no honours

I be well up for supporters group.

Wont be going to many games though now im student again for 6 months:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I be well up for supporters group.

Wont be going to many games though now im student again for 6 months:pac:
    I think someone earlier in the thread said it was Murray's on O'Connell Street that everyone goes to now. I always want to head along but normally always work Saturday and Sunday.

It will be a shame to lose Hearts as it always was a highlight watching a derby even if we got gubbed. But really I've no sympathy, I've taken enough stick from Jambo mates over the years ;)

I think someone earlier in the thread said it was Murray's on O'Connell Street that everyone goes to now. I always want to head along but normally always work Saturday and Sunday.

It will be a shame to lose Hearts as it always was a highlight watching a derby even if we got gubbed. But really I've no sympathy, I've taken enough stick from Jambo mates over the years ;)

im in Cork for rest of year but will be going back to Dublin at start next year.

Well that is plan. If so will try head along there too.

Hopefully cork one kicks off.

Are any of ye heading over to Gibraltar and Portugal for the friendlies?

I'm heading over. There seem to be a good few going from hibs.net as well.

Are any of ye heading over to Gibraltar and Portugal for the friendlies?

I'm heading over. There seem to be a good few going from hibs.net as well.

Straight up I wont be able to.

But hopefully if get cheap flight or so will make game around October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

There are still a few of us who meet for every live game in Murrays, though not as many as a few years ago (more to do with people moving away from the city and the ridiculous lunchtime kick offs than a declining interest in hibs).

Its always surprising how often we are on TV though - if it is not ESPN or sky then often some italian or saudi channel picks it up and Murrays can put usually put it on. What business folks in Serbia have watching hibs v st mirren on a sunday afternoon I dont know.

I'll admit to having a bit of a giggle at this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Any word on whether or not Nutsy might be bringing them over to Dalymount this summer?

Madworld wrote: »
    Any word on whether or not Nutsy might be bringing them over to Dalymount this summer?

It's the south of Spain starting today as far as I'm aware, with a couple of friendlies in Gibraltar and Portugal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Pity. I've kind of adopted Hibs as my second team since Nutsy took over.

There's a slim chance we could play St Pats in the europa so we might see them over here yet.

• Advertisement

Dont get too attached. It ends in tears here most of the time.:pac:

Dont get too attached. It ends in tears here most of the time.:pac:
    Never a truer statement made.....

So it's either Drogheda or Malmo.

Wouldn't mind a wee trip up to Drogheda on the 18th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭kksaints

So it's either Drogheda or Malmo.

Wouldn't mind a wee trip up to Drogheda on the 18th.

If the Drogs get through which is fairly unlikely, their home ties will be in Dublin.

kksaints wrote: »
    If the Drogs get through which is fairly unlikely, their home ties will be in Dublin.

Well that would be even better!

• Advertisement

Pricing flights there for Malmo ex Dublin-looking at around 200euro return and a stop in london or fly to Copenhagen with Aer Lingus for 220 return.If the Drogs beat Malmo that money would be better spent on guzzling pints

Say you could nearly book the flights to Sweden if you are going to go either place.

Cant see Drogs doing it.

I may eat my words.

Cork City played the Drogs in their last game. Drogs were all over City. They lost 1-0 but shouldn't have. I think they have a good chance against Malmo. Playing in Tallaght may actually suit them as the pitch in Hunky Dory is shocking

Cork City played the Drogs in their last game. Drogs were all over City. They lost 1-0 but shouldn't have. I think they have a good chance against Malmo. Playing in Tallaght may actually suit them as the pitch in Hunky Dory is shocking

Drogs should of won 3-1.

Missed a sitter.

Malmo are step up though.

A Hibs fan wins Wimbledon!!

Good man Andy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Good man Andy.
    Giving all his prize money to Hearts though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Lads Im in Edinburgh at the moment and trying to get my hands on some Hibs gear. I walked the length of pinces st and I was in the shopping centre and not one shop had any of the local clubs gear. Would I get anything in the airport tomorrow?

statto25 wrote: »
    Lads Im in Edinburgh at the moment and trying to get my hands on some Hibs gear. I walked the length of pinces st and I was in the shopping centre and not one shop had any of the local clubs gear. Would I get anything in the airport tomorrow?

Jesus I have never tried airport. It would be your best bet.

That's the one strange thing I find about UK, it's very hard to get local team gear unless you go to clubs shops.

CSF wrote: »
    Giving all his prize money to Hearts though...

Haha they would still be doomed.

Good man Andy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#Achievements

I'm surprised nobody has put it here yet alongside all your scottish cup bridesmaids medals :P

• Advertisement

I like

1044252_10151502145883263_1922790289_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Jesus I have never tried airport. It would be your best bet.

That's the one strange thing I find about UK, it's very hard to get local team gear unless you go to clubs shops.

The club shop is the only place to buy Hibs merchandise

Hibs are going to Sweden, Malmo beat Drogheda tonight pity

Once Malmo scored it was pretty much all over.

Great trip if you can afford it. Pity though cause trip to Dublin had potential to be epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

Once Malmo scored it was pretty much all over.

Great trip if you can afford it. Pity though cause trip to Dublin had potential to be epic.

Yes it is a pity it wasn't Drogheda. But I never fancied them to beat Malmo they just haven't been playing anywhere near as well as last season. Still at least they gave Malmo a game. Good luck in Sweden hope you can produce a big result over the 2 legs.

eire4 wrote: »
    Yes it is a pity it wasn't Drogheda. But I never fancied them to beat Malmo they just haven't been playing anywhere near as well as last season. Still at least they gave Malmo a game. Good luck in Sweden hope you can produce a big result over the 2 legs.

Our record in Europe has been poor for long time now. Hopefully we can pull it off.

Fancy Malmo to sneak through by odd goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

Our record in Europe has been poor for long time now. Hopefully we can pull it off.

Fancy Malmo to sneak through by odd goal.

It would be a tough ask any time. But given Malmo are currently top of the Swedish league and 16 games into their season while our league is 2 weeks away from its first game this will be really a difficult game to get a result in.

Seemingly did well to get away with a two goal defeat,but its the age old problem of playing teams who are half way through there season while we are still in pre season

That's why they should have played their friendlies against teams in the middle of their season. Silly preseason friendly games really. I would have expected Pat to bring them to Ireland for it but there you go. I was at the Gibraltar game and it wasn't much of a test really

• Advertisement

Lawrie Reilly passed away yesterday at the age of 84. He was the last surviving member of Hibs' Famous Five. He was so big a Hibs legend he almost qualified as a Hearts legend, and was a contemporary professional deeply respected by the likes of Wardhaugh, Bauld and Conn.

May he rest in peace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23403337

Massive thumbs up to Hearts fans who want minute silence before their friendly this week too.

Top marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Was Gary Deegan any good when he played for you last season? Probably not if he's ended up at Northampton. I know he only scored once but it was some goal!

Was Gary Deegan any good when he played for you last season? Probably not if he's ended up at Northampton. I know he only scored once but it was some goal!

Against Aberdeen in the Cup if not mistaken.

Was a cracker. I actually was disappointed to see him leave. Few Hibs fans would say the same. We will keep worse players I will put it that way.

Not sure why exactly he left though.

http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra

Malmo game £10 from the club tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Against Aberdeen in the Cup if not mistaken.

Was a cracker. I actually was disappointed to see him leave. Few Hibs fans would say the same. We will keep worse players I will put it that way.

Not sure why exactly he left though.

Cheers, looking forward to seeing him play now.

Seems a huge drop, top flight in Scotland to bottom league in England. He's actually been with Northampton training since release, so maybe the "charm" of Northampton had won him over, would have thought he could play at higher level though. Could definitely be have been issues going on behind the scenes.

• Advertisement

best of luck to the hibbees, it'll be a tough one for yas

An away goal would have been nice. Hard to see us winning by 2 goals or more and not conceding.

Stranger things have happened I guess,

Horrible stuff. If this is what the new season brings then relagation looms.

Embarrassing. I'm ashamed of this performance.

****ing livid here.

It's going to be a long season. Crazy

• Advertisement
Advertisement