Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Army Pension

Options
  • 18-08-2010 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I left the army a few years ago after being in for nearly 4 years. Just wondering what the craic with the pension is. When I was leaving i tried to get the money I paid into my pension back but I couldnt, cant remeber why. Is there any way I can start paying into a new pension and get that money transfered. I paid about 1500 euro into that and just wondering where it went?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

m.j.w wrote: »
    I left the army a few years ago after being in for nearly 4 years. Just wondering what the craic with the pension is. When I was leaving i tried to get the money I paid into my pension back but I couldnt, cant remeber why. Is there any way I can start paying into a new pension and get that money transfered. I paid about 1500 euro into that and just wondering where it went?

AFAIK all pension contributions are refunded if you leave without a pension. I would make contact with the Personnel Support Services personnel in your nearest barracks as they would normally have knowledge of these matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

thanks, will have to look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Rob67

Hi,

Contact Pensions and Admin in Renmore on 091 743700, they will be able to assist.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jandan

can anyone help me my husband is finished in army on friday we know we have to wait until th 20 of november for first payment but now dole have said it will take 3 weeks to get anything off them so can anyone tell me when lump sum is paid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

He'd probably be best off going through his Orderly Office. Renmore would know surely, but AFAIK they only deal with account holders (ie his Orderly Office)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

jandan wrote: »
    can anyone help me my husband is finished in army on friday we know we have to wait until th 20 of november for first payment but now dole have said it will take 3 weeks to get anything off them so can anyone tell me when lump sum is paid

Your husband should get in touch with his unit Orderly Room Sgt. who should know that information from Pensions Section in Soldiers Pay Section in Renmore, Galway.

Your husband is paid a month in arrears so he still should be getting his weekly wage up until his first pension payment.

If all has gone well the Gratuity Lump Sum should be paid with the 1st pension payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

Your husband is paid a month in arrears so he still should be getting his weekly wage up until his first pension payment.

I don't know about officers but enlisted ranks in the Defence Forces are not paid a month in arrears. the only thing that would be a month in arrears would be duty money or Subsistance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

SIRREX wrote: »
    I don't know about officers but enlisted ranks in the Defence Forces are not paid a month in arrears. the only thing that would be a month in arrears would be duty money or Subsistance

Correct. Enlisted personnel are paid one week in arrears.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Rob67

The grat is usually paid within two weeks of date of discharge and the pension is normally paid on the 20th of the month (mine is anyhow), so the pension will not be paid until 20th November and backdated to the discharge date. If there are any doubts ring Renmore on 091 743700 and ask for Pensions and Admin, they are always dealing with Ex-ers and are very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jandan

thanks to everyone for their replys can really afford to be without wages for a long time as waiting time for dole here is 4 weeks so ye set my mind at ease thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 patjo12

hello i served in the army for sixteen years (broken service) until 1989. i am now 64 yrs old, could you tell me if i was entitled to a part pension at 60.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

thanks to everyone for their replys can really afford to be without wages for a long time as waiting time for dole here is 4 weeks so ye set my mind at ease thank you

As soon as the application for the dole is in go to the Community Welfare Officer and explain the situation. You may get Supplementary Welfare Allowance until a payment comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Ring Renmore at the number above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 overdrivemurphy

hi patjo12
    Did you ring Renmore and did you get any hop off them.
    I have a family member in the same situation but he was not in broken service it was continues.
    Id like to hear about anyone’s thoughts on this if they had a similar situation.
    I would really really appreciate any feedback on this.
    Thanks Peter.

Advertisement