Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

eire4 wrote: »
    haha I hear you. No way did I see that result coming at all. All credit though to your lads. Hopefully this will be the spur now to go on a great run in the league.

We have so many false dawns that's the problem.but a welcome confidence booster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Nice 1. Well done the Hibs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Fair play, Hibs took the chances that Rangers wasted, guess it makes it a bit more exciting.

Not too worried but it shows some weaknesses that hopefully get addressed in the winter transfer window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

There is an increasing confidence in this Hibs side.

Great win. Happy out after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

Great win. Happy out after that

Big win for your lads. Very much a must win for sure. If you lost that it was over unless they go into administration. But that 3 points gets you right back into the picture now.

3-0 full time

Semi finals here we come

3-0 full time

Semi finals here we come

Good result for your boys although not a surprise for me even though technically Dundee United being the spl team given the 2 teams recent form. Semi-final draw is Monday I believe. All 4 sides in good form heading into the draw.

Good result for your boys although not a surprise for me even though technically Dundee United being the spl team given the 2 teams recent form. Semi-final draw is Monday I believe. All 4 sides in good form heading into the draw.

Ya we get Celtic in a semi, beat them and get beat in final ha.

Get in!!

Big big win

• Advertisement

Let's go ****ing mental!!!!

Knocking the Tax Cheats out of the Cup is always good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Was the game live on tv tonight?

kfallon wrote: »
    Was the game live on tv tonight?

Think it was on BBC Scotland. Watched it on stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Think it was on BBC Scotland. Watched it on stream.

No games were live in TV tonight due to the ban by UEFA on domestic games being shown when CL games are being played. Pathetic rule by UEFA plus shocking timing of dates by the SFA

I'm not sure if I should be pissed off or feeling unlucky after today.

We were the better side and should have won. I can't really fault the commitment but **** me will we have get a bit of luck in a Hampden.

I'm not sure if I should be pissed off or feeling unlucky after today.

We were the better side and should have won. I can't really fault the commitment but **** me will we have get a bit of luck in a Hampden.

We dominated with our own being at a poor standard. Difference- They took their chances.

Bottom line-we'll be back.

2-1 Hibs full time

We're gonna win the cup baby!!!!

My heart!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

My heart!!

Keep it rockin', son.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Hibs do a Hibs tonight

****ing joke of football club.

Laughing stock.

So ****ing pissed off

In fairness to your lads while you should have got the job done yourself as you were clearly the better team you did get robbed this time especially with the 2 pk calls over the 2 legs.

It is going to take something special to get over losing in this fashion though tonight in terms of the cup final last week. Just by the law of averages you would think Hibernian are due a cup win. You have lost 10 straight cup finals since your last win in 1902 including recent losses in 2001, 2011 and 2013. But overcoming that kind of loss its hard to see past another cup final defeat sadly for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Its become a cliche to say that hibs continuously find new and horrible ways to **** us over but its true. Tonight's capitulation was unbelievable yet for anyone who follows hibs, also absolutely inevitable. Some supernatural **** going on with us. When our day finally comes, indeed it will be beautiful, but it certainly wont be at hampden next weekend.

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    Its become a cliche to say that hibs continuously find new and horrible ways to **** us over but its true. Tonight's capitulation was unbelievable yet for anyone who follows hibs, also absolutely inevitable. Some supernatural **** going on with us. When our day finally comes, indeed it will be beautiful, but it certainly wont be at hampden next weekend.

No sadly next weekend is not likely to be your day in the Sun given what a punch to the gut your team just took tonight.

No sadly next weekend is not likely to be your day in the Sun given what a punch to the gut your team just took tonight.

In fairness we have had enough punches in the gut over the last few years, I don't think anyone has been under any illusions that we would get a result next week, even before tonight.

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    In fairness we have had enough punches in the gut over the last few years, I don't think anyone has been under any illusions that we would get a result next week, even before tonight.

True enough. I was going on the law of averages that you had a shot next week as you had lost 10 finals in a row and based on the law of averages that insane run had to come to an end but sadly after that body blow tonight it will take a genuine miracle now for you to win next week.

True enough. I was going on the law of averages that you had a shot next week as you had lost 10 finals in a row and based on the law of averages that insane run had to come to an end but sadly after that body blow tonight it will take a genuine miracle now for you to win next week.

The law of averages doesn't apply to us. Will be in Glasgow for the session and in Leith for the party afterwards but unfortunately that's all that's guaranteed.

We should just congratulate Rangers now.

It's going be another epic disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Hibs in doing a Hibs shocker. Fully expect more of he same in the cup final

This is a flight for the cost of the change of name going from Dublin for the Cup final. It is a return flight. Let me know if you want it?

Lovely day for it. Let's hope it's Sunshine on Leith this evening.

GGTTH

Lovely day? It is raining in Glasgow

Lovely day? It is raining in Glasgow

Even better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

2-2 stokes again he could have scored 5 today with a little more composure/luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

90th min winner great game for us neutrals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Congratulations to Hibs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Well done Hibernian!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Kew, get off the ****ing pitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,203 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Well in Hibs!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭secman

We should just congratulate Rangers now.

It's going be another epic disaster.

Nice reverse psychology there Kew :)

Great game to watch, really enjoyed it..good oul BBC Scotland

The sun shone on Hampden for the game and well done to Hibs, the best way to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Could only be Stokes :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Well done Hibs, got the win we couldn't manage. Was a decent game to watch . Delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭pavb2

http://snpy.tv/1TyAyOL

Sunshine on Leith

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Congratulations Hibs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Well done guys you deserved it congratulations.
    Pity about some of your fans though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Well done guys you deserved it congratulations.
    Pity about some of your fans though

Pity about some of yours too though yeah??

But same sentiments.... Congrats Hibs fans. You deserve it.

Well done Hibernian. I am genuinely delighted for you and seeing Stokes have such a great day and notch a double was great to see as well. Typically you finally got it done in the most dramatic of ways. Unreal finish that was to the game. Enjoy the day its well deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Pity about some of yours too though yeah??

But same sentiments.... Congrats Hibs fans. You deserve it.

Poor show from elements of both sets of fans. Seems from what I've seen the Hibs fans started it, but to hear Rangers take on it you'd swear their fans were heading calmly for the exits while the Hibs ones were running riot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement