Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move to County Cavan

Options
  • 18-10-2016 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm thinking to move out from Fingal/Dublin and move to Virginia or Cavan. I will be still working in Dublin. Does anyone know are the buses full if I think to go from Virginia. I know there are regular Buseireann's buses early in the morning but any chance to get in. And I'm talking to do it Mon to Fri. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from Accommodation and Property, Cavan forum charter applies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Hi just noticed this. I have never had a problem but someone who does the commute more often than me will be better judged to answer your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,488 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I'm thinking to move out from Fingal/Dublin and move to Virginia or Cavan. I will be still working in Dublin. Does anyone know are the buses full if I think to go from Virginia. I know there are regular Buseireann's buses early in the morning but any chance to get in. And I'm talking to do it Mon to Fri. Thanks

I'm in Cavan but can't comment about the bus situation...

As a born Caaavan man what I would urge you to do is rent for a while before making much of a permanent move. Over the years I know many families who moved from Dublin and seriously regretted the move, but financially ended locked out of ever returning to Dublin.. Kids in particular resented the relocation, really resented it !!

So, try before you buy is my advice..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Never saw the 109 from Cavan town full, neither the 6am nor the 7am. The later ones fill up quicker with OAP's and the those with free Passes. There are a few loo-lahs who have the bus pass and travel up most days to busk/hand out religious tracts/bore the arse off other passengers.
    Not sure how full they are leaving Virginia.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Where in Dublin are you commuting to? What time? The bus is never full by the time it gets to Virginia but depending on the time you get the bus it can take anything from 1 hour 40 minutes to 2 hours 10 minutes to get from Virginia to O'Connell St

• Advertisement
Advertisement