Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an email/text water problems alert facility?

Options
  • 21-07-2017 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm registered with Irish Water, so why can't ye email or text me when there's a water problem in my area? I had to find out by searching online what/why there's a problem with water in Drogheda today. If I'd known earlier, my family would have been able to make other arrangements.  

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep Irish Water: Louise

Hi dfs5,

Thank you for your message.

Where possible information relating to water outages and/or planned maintenance work is made available via newspaper and radio adverts. Irish Water also notify customers via the Irish Water website www.water.ie and Twitter. There may be times due to the nature of the work where Irish Water are unable to provide sufficient notification of a water outage. In all scenarios, Irish Water endeavour to have water supply returned as soon as feasibly possible.

In relation to the ongoing repair works in Drogheda and surrounding areas, crews have been on site since early Friday morning, 21st July. The burst is located over four metres underground and requires a complex repair.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Please feel free to contact us again should you have any further queries.

Kind regards,
    Louise

Advertisement