Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House of Mooshki

Options
  • 31-07-2014 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Anyone ever tried on or bought one of these dresses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I've tried 3 or 4 of them. I'm utterly in love with them. Really well made, beautiful fabric, great cut. I'm just about to order my dress. They're available through frilly frocks in. Drogheda tho they only have 3 styles I think but they can order other ones if you ask. There's a stockist up north but I can't remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭snoopy29

Yeah they are called Marry Me Bridal, I've made an apt with them in August. I am hoping to get married in December, do you know how long they take to get in stock and make alterations? I really like the Darla dress which they stock in the northern shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I have never heard of them but just looked at their website - OMG they are amazing! If my OH gets down on one knee that's where I'm going - 2nd time around so the tea length dresses are ideal! I'm 45 - not really cut out for the full bridal thing! :D

First time for me but I'm not really too into the whole big wedding thing so were having something very small in Scotland the weekend before Christmas so thought a short style would be a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

These dresses are amazing!

• Advertisement

What is the price range of these? Kind of afraid to ask :)

The Darla dress I like is £1400 sterling. I've just started looking at dresses so I have no idea if this is good/bad or medium!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I was told that the dresses take 4-6 months to get made but maybe you can get rush orders done if you need it sooner. I tried on the Sarah, Kathryn, Claire and Mae. You can get them in two lengths - the tea length which hits just below the knee (or at the knee if you're 6' like me) and the calf length is half way between knee and ankle.

The skirts are fantastic - my personal test of the suitability of a dress is checking to make sure that the skirt flairs out when I spin rapidly... And it passed the test :P

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The Niece

I've nothing really to add except that I've been coveting these dresses since I got engaged and Frilly Frocks will be my first stop when I go dress shopping!

4-6 mths?? eeek. I wonder do they keep any standard sizes in stock??

• Advertisement

snoopy29 wrote: »
    4-6 mths?? eeek. I wonder do they keep any standard sizes in stock??

Majority of dresses take that long unless its a sample as far as I know from the endless shops I went into with my sis.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I love the Juliette dress.. absolutely fabulous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Oh my they are beautiful!

Showed my partner the site and he thought they were amazing - didnt even blink at the price :):):)

Just to keep you updated, I'm trying on some of these dresses in Randalstown on Friday and in Drogheda on Saturday, my first dress trying on session!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

Love to know how you get on. I've tried contacting both bridal shops to find out how many of her dresses they have but no luck yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hoareni

Fiona in Marie me Bridal was lovely, so nice and friendly. Unfortunately the Mooshki dresses weren't for me, am very disappointed but most just made me look very big in the hips and I'm only a size 10-12 so they are out for me. Beautiful dresses though, extremely heavy to wear just something to bear in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Carolanne..

Hi! I tried on some of these yesterday in Galway. Its a new shop called Vintage Pearl and the girl in there, Michelle, is so nice! I love the Darla dress too. She has sample sizes in 12 and 14 but the will fit any size within that range. What I love too is that it has a built in bra so its so well fitted. They are so pretty and really easy to wear and not too heavy like others I've tried on. It sits really well and covers any bumps you may have. And defo has a lot of flair when you do a twirl!! I didn't want to take it off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

There's a new shop in Carrick on shannon stocking these btw

Advertisement