Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Flowers Cost

Options
  • 24-07-2014 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hello,

I was wondering what's the average people are paying for their flowers?

The florist I'm thinking of going with looks amazing but price-wise we're looking at in and around €650 which includes delivery, bride, 2 x BMs, 5 buttonholes, 10 Pew Ends, 2 X alter arrangements and long arrangement

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

That's not a bad price for all that and for delivery too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

We're getting roughly the same for €410. That's in Cork.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

God myself and my mum went to the florist to pick my flowers and completely lost the run of ourselves :o

We got 1 x bride bouquet, 3 x bridesmaids, 1 x groom buttonhole, 3 x groomsmen, 2 x dads, 2 x mums corsage orchid things, 2 pedestal arrangements for the altar, candle arrangement for unity candles, 2 pedestals for church porch, 2 trees for outside the church door, flowers for the back of the bride and groom chair in the church, pew ends for the first 10 pews. I think it was coming up on €1000 (this was in 2010 so not sure how much prices have changed since)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Sounds about right to me! I had a pedestal arrangement for the altar, bouquet, Mums & SiL corsages; 5 buttonholes; 3 posy baskets for the smalls; 2 BM bouquets, candle table arrangement for E650. That was six years ago.

Didn't go mad with the pew ends, trees and all that as I wanted people looking at me and my husband, not my flowers! And the cathedral wanted everything taken away after the service. So the pedestal was carted to the reception along with the candle table arrangement and decorated our top table.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What is the procedure for viewing/choosing a florist? Do they send photos of other weddings they've done? I'm getting married bout 2hrs from home, is a face-to-face required? Not really something I care much about to be honest. Herself and some family members obviously think differently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Men are never bothered about the flowers but if your lady to be wants them Id say don't fight it haha.. Normally I know mum would talk to the bride over the phone to get an idea of what she wants and see if he date is free.. Then from there tis take a few snaps or cutouts of what ye would like, bring along to the meeting, florist will show you some ideas and what work she has done and that's it, tis up to ye to say yeah or ne

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've found a fabulous florist in Cork. We're getting my bouquet, 4 bridesmaids bouquets, 7 buttonholes, two bay trees and a long table arrangement for less than €500.

My MIL is sorting out pew ends because I've a very simple idea in mind and she's mad to be involved :). No bothering with flowers for the hotel because the room is really nicely decorated and has centrepieces anyway and I don't think flowers would add anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I'm getting my bouquet, 3x bridesmaid, 1x flower girl wand, 7 boutonieres(spelling?!) Unity arrangement, big lanterns for inside the church, and 2 bay trees for outside its €390. I'm in Waterford.

I have the stuff for the pew ends already from my cousin who got married last year, she gave me loads I'm thrilled!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

michellie wrote: »
    I'm getting my bouquet, 3x bridesmaid, 1x flower girl wand, 7 boutonieres(spelling?!) Unity arrangement, big lanterns for inside the church, and 2 bay trees for outside its €390. I'm in Waterford.

I have the stuff for the pew ends already from my cousin who got married last year, she gave me loads I'm thrilled!

We got similar but also got 2 big thank you bouquets one for each mam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

er1983 wrote: »
    We got similar but also got 2 big thank you bouquets one for each mam

Very good, I'm not doing thank you bouquets, my Mam and Mil aren't big flower lovers, I will buy them presents instead and give them before or after the wedding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

€700 for similar to OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

1 bridal bouquet, 5 x bm's bouquets, 8 buttonholes, 5 flower girl wands and 2 thank you bouquets for €450 in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Andiewoo

Wow the price of them.... I'm making everything myself. I found some amazing false calla Lillies online and have bought feathers etc for buttonholes etc.. In total inc ribbon and findings all costing under €150
    I won a brooch bouquet, that's not inc!
    Wedding is in December so florists are stupid prices and your not guaranteed fresh flowers. I can't be handling that!!!!

Advertisement