Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of Garmin Edge

Options
  • 11-03-2014 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

I used to have some old polar CS100 - was fine - now I'm thinking to go with Garmin - not sure which one yet - presumably 500/510. How long does the battery keep ? Will I need to charge it on a weekly basis ? And what would be the good price to pay for 2nd hand ? I presume it comes with minimum accessories and if I want cadence or HR that's going to be extra extra ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Muller_1

I've a 500 and get about 300KM/10hours on a full charge. It's quick to charge usually around an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Hatcho

I bought a Garmin Edge from fitnessdigital.ie last November and the price was as good as anywhere else I could find on the web at €169. Shipping was free too. They aren't an Irish business, they just have a .ie section on their website.

I already had the cadence sensor and heart rate monitor so didn't need to pick them up, but the above price is the best I could find for a new standalone unit at the time. Great piece of kit - gives me all the stats I'll ever need and the ability to post to Strava afterwards. Battery life is excellent (at least 10hrs) - way better than the Edge 300 I had previously.

HTH

Hatcho

Advertisement