Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatline Compact Boiler

Options
  • 14-09-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Afternoon folks,

Just moved into a new house and the boiler decided to stop working,
    It's a heat line compact boiler, I've tried calling the number on the boiler but it's out of service,

When i try to turn it on to heat the rads and the water, the red lights all pop on then off again, but the boiler wont start.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Have you checked the room and / or cylinder thermostats are turned up?
    Is there enough pressure in the system, the water pressure may be too low and needs to be increased to 1.5 bar.
    The gas to the boiler may be switched off as a precaution or off for a good reason if there is a serious fault.
    Either ways its best that you to get an RGI to take a look at it for you to make sure that the boiler is actually safe to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭kellxor.1337

it's been working the last few days, We have a gas oven and thats working fine, It only stopped working last night, the pressure is at 2 bar which as far as i'm aware is normal/ok. there's no thermostats anywhere in the house.

it's been working the last few days, We have a gas oven and thats working fine, It only stopped working last night, the pressure is at 2 bar which as far as i'm aware is normal/ok. there's no thermostats anywhere in the house.

From that I will suspect that a component in the boiler has failed, you then need an RGI to look into it for you.
    You can find someone local on www.rgii.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭kellxor.1337

K.Flyer wrote: »
    From that I will suspect that a component in the boiler has failed, you then need an RGI to look into it for you.
    You can find someone local on www.rgii.ie

cheers

Any idea what kinda cash I may expect to part with?

cheers

Any idea what kinda cash I may expect to part with?

Impossible to say how much the repairs will cost without a diagnosis of the fault.
    Some will not charge and others anything up to a 100euro just to look at it, more on the weekends.
    Best to get some numbers and phone around asking for the cost to call out to see what the problem is.
    Parts can run into hundreds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement