Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank / First Active Tracker Mortgage

Options
  • 12-04-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have a former First Active and now Ulster Bank tracker mortgage. One of the features of this is I can draw down the difference between the original loan and the current balance , where in effect I have over paid / saved due to having an offset deposit.

I did this in 2010 to use it to finance a purchase. It was hassle free although it was clear that UB wish they didn;t have this product any longer...the lady on the phone said what we know - they're a lousy deal for the bank (hope I'm not upsetting anyone !).

HOWEVER - I now tried to avail of this again this year (its called a facility) and they have sent me what looks in effect to be a new loan agreement whereby I have to enter into and agree a mass of new conditions. To be fair I don;t believe these are overtly trying to change the rate on me but there is some language in there that concerns me.

MY QUESTION is - why do I have to agree to something new now, this was not part of the original deal, I have already availed of the facility and this feels like its designed to put me off. Has anyone else doen this.

I can confirm there has been no change to my credit or employment status and I have always made my payments.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

I ran into the same problem. They insisted on additional paperwork and I had to assign my life policy to them. However, they still gave me the funds at a very attractive rate of 1.9%. Just new rules for a changed economic climate. They can't change your rate. But they will make you jump through a few extra hoops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Generally the banks love to tell people to what to do on the phone. I have heard them even telling people to sell all their properties worth €1 million over the phone. But ask them to put that in writing and oh that isnt necessary or we arent going down that route

Write to the bank requesting to it and see if they change their tone. They probably will

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

I would say its not a new loan offer,
    it would be just an agreement so that you understand that the release of the available facility will increase your balance and repayments.

the original terms and conditions have not changed.
    you are still entitled to the available facility, you just have to jump through a few more hoops.

if you dont sign it you wont get the facility.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭phormium

It would also be normal to have to provide sufficient life cover for the new higher loan balance, either existing or new policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Silpac

Guys not really happy that this answers the question. I've read the agreement and its substantial and it suggests that it replaces and succeeds any new agreement with UB. Surely unnecessary to draw down a facility. Has any one else availed of this Ulster Bank / First Active tracker mortgage arrangement recently ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Get your Solicitor to have a look at it.
    Silpac wrote: »
    Guys not really happy that this answers the question. I've read the agreement and its substantial and it suggests that it replaces and succeeds any new agreement with UB. Surely unnecessary to draw down a facility. Has any one else availed of this Ulster Bank / First Active tracker mortgage arrangement recently ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

zombie thread..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement