Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food Hero- RTE 1

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Looks like a right prat, i could not bring myself to watch the show because i know i would end out giving out about it all night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

He's very cute, very enviable hair and you really should try out one of his recipes and see

I tried one of his pasta dishes and it was only amazin, much to my horror!
    cos I had wanted to hate him too but.......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,329 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Whatever you think about the guy and the program itself, it ticks all the boxes as far as RTE is concerned because it's (1) home produced and (2) low budget.

When you're advertising revenue has collapsed and you're competing against the BBC and the other UK and cable channels, what do you expect - a costume drama along the lines of Downton Abbey filmed in Slane Castle with a cast and crew of hundreds?

Get real folks, this is as good as you're going to get from RTE for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

coylemj wrote: »
    a costume drama filmed in Slane Castle with a cast and crew of hundreds?

True true, I have to say I was very excitied about your idea about an Irish costume drama set in slane castle with a cast & crew of hundreds though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

coylemj wrote: »
    Whatever you think about the guy and the program itself, it ticks all the boxes as far as RTE is concerned because it's (1) home produced and (2) low budget.

When you're advertising revenue has collapsed and you're competing against the BBC and the other UK and cable channels, what do you expect - a costume drama along the lines of Downton Abbey filmed in Slane Castle with a cast and crew of hundreds?

Get real folks, this is as good as you're going to get from RTE for the foreseeable future.
    In fairness though, RTE were producing sh1te like this all the way through the good times too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

I tried watching it the other night but couldn't ..the camera is so all over the place it would make you dizzy and his voice is irritating.
    I much prefer his goodmoodfoodblog - find its excellent for recipe ideas that don't need a lot of ingredients and all evening to prepare.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭The Green Pixie

And what's the story with the grotty cottage he "lives" in?? At least Jamie Oliver had a super trendy bachelor pad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭stewie01

youngblood wrote: »
    He's very cute, very enviable hair and you really should try out one of his recipes and see

I tried one of his pasta dishes and it was only amazin, much to my horror!
    cos I had wanted to hate him too but.......

its not your show is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,448 ✭✭✭squonk

Give the guy a break. I watched a few episodes and it wasn't all that bad. I too thought he looked about 16 but he looks like a handy cook and I didn't find the camera work that distracting.

I don't care for boybands, I don't know who Industry are and, for me, it was just a show with a kid cooking stuff. What he did, he did well. To be honest it's a lot better than watching Rachel Allen doing her posh totty/faux Nigella bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭The Green Pixie

squonk wrote: »
    To be honest it's a lot better than watching Rachel Allen doing her posh totty/faux Nigella bit.

I think I agree with that.
    But it still follows that almost all RTE programmes are half-baked copies of British ones. The only two cookery shows that are original are the guy from Fishy Fishy (it's a shame the only flavouring he's heard of is butter) and Darina Allen the boarding school matron.

• Advertisement
Advertisement