Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please - Sequin fabric for tablecloths

Options
  • 31-07-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi guys

Would anyone know where I would source gold/pink sequin fabric. I would need enough to make table cloths to cover 11 180cm round tables

Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If you have time, your best bet is online. But most fabric is not that wide, usually about 150cm wide, so you would be looking at sewing two lengths together to cover the whole table, to cover and have it drop, at least 2.5m to have 0.25m drop on either side.

That is a lot of fabric, and would cost you a bomb. I'd suggest trying to get that wholesale from china. (I cant vouch for that as I've never ordered that amount so never needed to do a wholesale order)

What about doing strips of maybe 50cm as a table runner over a plain table cloth if the table itself has seen better days? Maybe your venue could source or rent pink tablecloths and do the runners in gold. That would be a lot less work and cost to you.

Just bear in mind that there are 2 types that you can order - the sequins glued on to fabric, which will be cheaper, and the ones stitched on fabric

You can see by that last link 10 mtrs would be €60 GBP. You might need about 2.5 -3 times that to cover your tables if doing a full one. If you did a runner version, you'd only need about 5.5mtrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I wouldn't recommend sequins either. Very fiddly to work with, and not a great choice as a tablecloth or a runner, IMO. Can you imagine trying to eat your meal off that? The plates and glasses wouldn't lay flat, running the risk of spilling drinks/food over the guest's expensive clothing...

If you're dead set on sequins, then why not trim white tablecloths with the sequin fabric? Much cheaper as well.

Gold Lame fabric would be much easier to work with, cheaper, wouldn't cause problems with tableware, and looks less in-your-face than sequins (imo). That amount of sequins might be a bit much, although it's still a lot of gold. A runner might be more tasteful.

http://www.spandexhouse.com/images/2005/Satin54.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

Hey!

I adore all those fab sequin tablecloths pictures floating around on Pinterest, I've made a tablecloth for our sweetheart table (we are seating just the two of us together) and then one for the cake table as the fabric is expensive.

The best I found was on ebay from this seller: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271427939301

It was £10 per metre and great quality.

It's actually not that hard to work with, I put leather needle in my sewing machine and sewed two lengths together, I didn't bother hemming it as it would be far too awkward so maybe it took 40 minutes all in.

Hope that helps!

x C

Advertisement