Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inish Beg wedding venue

Options
  • 31-05-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Looking into Inish Beg as a possible wedding venue..the boathouse would be ideal. Just wondering if anyone has been to a wedding here or had their own wedding here?The website is good but hard to get some info like...what's the story with catering and alcohol (do you bring your own portable bar?). I saw on their website a small marquee attached to the boathouse, is this now included for all weddings or at a separate cost?

Any info or opinions would be great thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Davy80

Hi there, getting married at inish beg next July, the whole estate ( cottages, grounds, boathouse) are all gorgeous, it's perfect for a small wedding the boathouse can seat up to 100 people with the attached marquee ( which is included in the cost)
    The owners & staff are so nice & very helpful they'll give you a full list of caterers and suppliers And there's a pub near by who'll do a bar for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sahara24

Thanks so much for your reply,I'll email them during the week and get more info.Best of luck with your wedding :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lolaloo44

Hi there- we are also looking at this venue, how did you get on? We are finding it a bit of a headache with the 2 night minimum requirement... Stunning venue and we really love it- would love to know any thoughts!

Hey there,

All booked and sorted, the 2 night stay works for us as we'll have a lot of guests coming from Dublin so they'll make a weekend out of it and it's perhaps too far to drive to the day of the wedding.

The owners are super nice and you pretty much get the whole place to do with as you want, mind you you'll need to sort out pretty much everything yourself as it's very much you're just renting the island as a venue.

Was down there last week and the place looks stunning.

Best of luck with the plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lolaloo44

Thanks Davy! All booked since Monday now so let the fun begin!!

All the best with yer wedding! 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

The Boat house is fabulous - I haven't been at a wedding there but stayed there on holiday before. The setting is just gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sahara24

We are looking at November maybe so the one night stay is possible. Although I'm sure nearly all of the guests would stay two nights anyway as it will be a 3hr drive for them. We are going down in a few weeks to have a look at it so fingers crossed it goes well. Have both of you decided to go with the caterers from An Sibin or are you getting your own ones in?

Hi there,
    We're using our own caterers (going for a pig on a spit etc) but are using the Sibin for the Bar the food is nice in the Sibin and they were very helpful about organising the bar for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Davy80 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    We're using our own caterers (going for a pig on a spit etc) but are using the Sibin for the Bar the food is nice in the Sibin and they were very helpful about organising the bar for us.

Ohh did you go for the Pig Spit in the end!! Have them booked to for August next year cant wait

Milly33 wrote: »
    Ohh did you go for the Pig Spit in the end!! Have them booked to for August next year cant wait

Hey there, yep booked pigspit the lads seem really nicer and very accommodating!

• Advertisement

Great let me know how you get on. Yeah they seem loverly we have them booked for our own aswell we must just decide on buffet or service...

Great let me know how you get on. Yeah they seem loverly we have them booked for our own aswell we must just decide on buffet or service...

Hi Milly,

Hope the plans are going well, I'm just wondering how you got on with Pigspit.ie, we have them booked for July and I know you were thinking of booking them also, they just seem very slow to respond to emails etc, and I have noticed there is a new contact number / name on the website, they also have Drogheda as an address now, it was previously Athy. I'm wondering is it new owners ?

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,

Davy.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

Bbq joe would be a good nearby caterer also.

Hi Milly,

Hope the plans are going well, I'm just wondering how you got on with Pigspit.ie, we have them booked for July and I know you were thinking of booking them also, they just seem very slow to respond to emails etc, and I have noticed there is a new contact number / name on the website, they also have Drogheda as an address now, it was previously Athy. I'm wondering is it new owners ?

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,

Davy.

Hello Davy sorry I never saw this, so sorry... Well now I wont say anything but ill PM you. There were a few changes mad alright and well while I think they still do offer a great service we ended up not going with them.

We are going with the Whole Hog who I have to say is great... John there is full of ideas and just seems very nice... We have them booked now and are arranging a tasting maybe next month...

Hello Davy sorry I never saw this, so sorry... Well now I wont say anything but ill PM you. There were a few changes mad alright and well while I think they still do offer a great service we ended up not going with them.

We are going with the Whole Hog who I have to say is great... John there is full of ideas and just seems very nice... We have them booked now and are arranging a tasting maybe next month...

Thanks Milly I got your mail, Appreciate the feedback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 liz6

Thanks Milly I got your mail, Appreciate the feedback :)

Omg I have to write this to warn people do not under any circumstances book pigspit.ie. I looked for at least a month previous to book a great bbq company for a 70th party for 60 people! I cannot hesitate to say that I was totally misled by their website. To quote it for prices and saying it was all served under a beautiful marquee what a lie. The man jonathan who arrived at our home was one of the dirtiest people I have ever smelt and seen his shoes were so dirty like he had just been in a pig sty.
    I just read there that someone said the company changed owners well why in gods name when I paid my 100 euros deposit through the pigspit.ie website wasn't I told this. !Please please listen to my terrible caters story and do not under any circumstances book this company!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

I was at a wedding at Inish Beg this summer. It was an outdoor ceremony followed by drinks reception in the walled garden and dinner/band/DJ in a marquee. Day 2 then was a BBQ in the boathouse. Unfortunately despite being a summer wedding it lashed rain all day. The drinks in the walled garden had to be called off and all the guests were brought straight from the ceremony (which everyone including b&g had umbrellas) into the marquee where we stayed for the rest of the night. There was 200 at the wedding and the b&g hired the marquee, the bar, the caterers etc. Not sure which company they used but there was a literal pig on a spit. It was service for the starter (soup or salad) and service for the dessert (fruit crumble) but for the main course it was buffet, which was great - there was pulled pork, whole roast chickens (they cut off as much as you wanted) the lads love it as lads love to pile their plate with meat and go up for seconds. You have total freedom in so far as they had the DJ play til 4am. It's up to you what you want to do. One thing the girls found hard was the long walk to the ceremony (through woods etc and it was raining) from when you arrived (and parked your car in a field). That walk was a bit of a killer in heels. Are ye going for the outdoor ceremony? The place in the middle of the woods where they have it is so beautiful - even in the rain it was like something out of Lord of the Rings. The 2 night minimum isn't too bad - I had a venue with a 2 night min as well but when I asked my buddy that got married in Inish beg he said the rooms in Inish Beg are really cheap - like 50 euro a night - so it's no problem getting people to take them and the bride and groom don't even have to supplement the cost of the rooms, happy days., If ye've any other qns let me know....

• Registered Users Posts: 1 karlyh

Hi All

I'm not sure if any of you are still active on here. We are hoping to have our wedding in Inish Beg. We haven't seen the place in person yet but already love it. We are getting married in about 2 and a half years so have lots of time to plan but I was just wondering if anyone had any advice to someone planning a wedding in Inish Beg. We are hoping to stay the night before and night of to use the evening before to get things set up as we are going to be doing it all ourselves and we want to have a day after event closer to home to invite people that we may not be able to invite to the wedding due to have a smaller wedding. 
    Also is there staff there on the day that can help with set up things etc? did any of you stay the night before the wedding/ what was your experience?Also is there anything that we would need to hire that might not be something you would have thought of that only having done it you realized you needed. Like extra toilet facilities etc. or anything that may not be an obvious thing. 
    I appreciate any help or advice you can give.
    Kind Regards x

Advertisement