Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does my insurance provider care?

Options
  • 21-06-2014 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

I signed up for life and health insurance few years back, but cancelled it as I wasn't quiet sure what I am paying for. After that I signed up with Zurich insurance, I know exactly what I am paying for. That was few years ago.

I haven't received one letter from them over - i think it is 5 years now.

Now, I know it might be little bit annoying for somebody, but a letter that would be some remainder of benefits I get for staying with them, wishing me good health or just remained that I am valued customer would be nice. Not once a month, but at least once a year.

Are all life insurance companies like that?

I am registered with Zurich online but all I see is when I am supposed to make monthly payment. Nothing else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No letters in five years would usually mean they may have your details wrong. Best ringing them and confirming they have your correct address, etc. Personally speaking, VHI sends me a letter every year to confirm the following years payment plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

I did get my pin code for online account 2 years ago when I requested it, so I assume the address is fine. My partner signed up with them same time as I did and he hasn't received anything too ..

yes some letter outlining policies would be nice ..

It feels like they are hoping I won't notice I'm paying and will pay until I die ..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Are you still using the same email? As many banks, etc, are going the paperless route, is it possible that they're emailing them to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BazzaDP

Life insurance is a more long term product.

Unlike your VHI, Life insurance doesn't usually renew each year so no need to write to you each year.

Depending on the exact type of life insurance, it also doesn't usually have any "benefits" worth writing to you about except when you die. Term insurance with no indexation, especially so, as the amount covered is decided up front and doesn't change.

So not unduely surprised by not receiving a letter each year. The cynic in me might also think that writing to you, in these troubled economic times, might remind you of it and encourage you to think about whether you still really need it...

Advertisement