Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ice cream van insurance

Options
  • 28-05-2014 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there, I'm looking for ice cream van insurance starting asap. I'm 19 years old and only have a no claims bonus as a named driver. If anyone has any advice, I've tried ringing and dropping into insurance companies and brokers with no luck, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Good luck with that Conor, but welcome to Boards anyway..

Why don't you just tow it around with the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭LostArt

I know Allianz did cover ice cream vans, that's 5/6 years ago though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

There would be a scheme out there somewhere. But to be honest at 19, you are never going to fit the criteria for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

peteb2 wrote: »
    There would be a scheme out there somewhere. But to be honest at 19, you are never going to fit the criteria for it.

+1 By the nature of the business you are going to be driving around housing estates that are full of children, many of whom will be running after the van, a nightmare prospect for any insurance company. Throw in an inexperienced 19 year old behind the wheel and I can see multiple reasons for a refusal to quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aoifeL57

I work in insurance and named driver does not give you a no claims bonus. a no claims bonus can only be earned by the policyholder. Named driving experience is completely different and does not give the same discount as a no claims bonus. A lot of insurance companies wont insurance people on vans until they are 24

• Advertisement
Advertisement