Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance claims history

Options
  • 20-06-2014 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Just wondering, after how many years, if at all, do insurance companies stop taking past claims into account?

I rear ended someone 15 years ago and have not had an accident since - It was a really minor tip when this "lady" stopped suddenly and then of course developed a very sore neck.

Just wondering, are claims made against you for life or does there come a time when your record is clear? Would a claim made against you 15 years ago still be relevant if you have been driving insured and claims free since?

Any advice would be great thanks.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Some are claims in the last 5 years, some are 3yrs, so I think you are fine. The proposal form will tell you. However, if a conviction came with the accident, many insurers do not put a limit on when you must disclose it to them.

You'll be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭galwayredgirl

oldyouth wrote: »
    Some are claims in the last 5 years, some are 3yrs, so I think you are fine. The proposal form will tell you. However, if a conviction came with the accident, many insurers do not put a limit on when you must disclose it to them.

You'll be grand

Thanks - No conviction - very minor tip blown completely out of proportion by the other party. The Gardaí didn't even bother coming out, it was so minor.

Advertisement