Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Garmin?

Options
  • 10-03-2014 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Planning on doing a few 100k cycles during the coming months, starting this Sunday. I've got a decent bike, a Giant Defy 1, so want to get a Garmin to match. I had a cheap thing but found it very handy and missed it when it broke. Not too pushed on HRM, just something that does distance, speed maybe cadence etc. Do the mount and whatever extras needed come with it? Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭darkvalley

I have the garmin 500. Aside from the bike it is the thing I have had the most craic from. Always interesting to put stuff up on Strava after the cycle and examine the stats for the ride.
    Not cheap, I think I paid about €250 for it and at the time thought I was mad to do it but have never regretted it. I had put a bet €10 bet on Rui Costa in world champs at 20/1 and wanted to spend it on something I probably not have bought otherwise and am glad I did.
    Mount is part of basic package. HRM and cadence gadget(?) came together as a extra package with the Garmin, at an extra cost. I don't ride at a level that the HRM is really useful to me but the cadence monitor I watch quite a bit when I'm riding.
    Overall if you can afford it I would say get one as it adds to the fun of cycling.

Advertisement