Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where does spartacus start ?

• 16-05-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

where does spartacus start ?

there is blood and sand ,gods of the arena etc.
    which of these was shown first on tv ? what order do they go in ?

i'm reading conflicting answers online, and don't want to go watching the wrong season first.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

blood and sand came first man.

but gods of the arena is a prequel to it.

so technically you watch the second series first , then go on to the first.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Gods Of The Arena is a six part prequel to the first season of Spartacus: blood & sand which had 13 episodes. IMO you should watch Blood & sand first then the preqiel.....that way events in the prequel make more sense, each one fills in the blanks for the other.

A secod season of Spartacus subtitled Vengence launches in January 2012, Gods Of The Arena should be on Sky Anytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

thanks both for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

If you watch the Prequel first you're going to spoil Blood & Sand, there's some spoilers during the first & last ep of Gods of the Arena. So watch Blood & Sand first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

anyone know when season 2 actually starts? and is it true there will be a different person playing spartacus?:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

anyone know when season 2 actually starts? and is it true there will be a different person playing spartacus?:mad:

Season 2 is called Spartacus: Vengeance
    It kicks off for a 10-13 episode run in mid-late January 2012, yes...Liam McEntyrie has replaced Andy Whitfield who became ill and had to quit.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

and is it true there will be a different person playing spartacus?:mad:
    Yes well Andy Whitfield developed cancer. I think it's understandable why he didn't return!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

can't wait for season 2 ,
    i watched blood and sand + gods of the arena one after the other!

have not enjoyed a tv show that much in a while!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Apparently Andy still makes some appearances in the new series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

AFAIK Andy Whitfield was to make an appearance in the last episode of Gods of the arena but couldn't for obvious reasons. I think he'll be missed in the role but I'd rather a recast then to stop the show.

I really enjoyed Gannicus as a character and I hope he is central in Vengeance. I still think they shouldn't have killed off
    Batiatus as he'll be a huge loss
    but I can understand why they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Who was Gannicus again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

This guy
    Spartacus----Gods-Of-The--007.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

lads when is the new season going to start? i taught they rapped up filming it months ago...

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Starts in the US in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

So sad that Andy Whitfield has died though....

Advertisement