Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Sniffer Dogs at Oxegen

Options
  • 07-07-2005 6:19pm

Just got it the email from ticketmaster.

I wonder how they plan on arresting 30,000 people :D

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

They had em last year, had em every year
    Didnt stop anything, trust me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

My understanding is that sniffer dogs are totally useless in an environment like Oxegen. Any dogs you see will be 100% for show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭humbleCounty

stick it up your bum just in case.

nah, no one i know has ever had any problems, wasn't bringing in kilos of columbias finest or anything though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The sniffer dogs have the run of the place first...to check for things a bit more potent then recreational drugs.. I'd imagine the Q for the campsite would be the ideal environment for the dogs to have a sniff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Sniffer dogs dont really work like that. The police have to instruct them to concentrate on one person or object and then they give a yay or nay response (this dog will paw at the person... not rabid barking).

The dogs are well capable of smelling drugs from a good distance away but thats obviously impracticle if youve a queue 20 deep and someone right at the back has drugs or just smells of drugs.

The myth of sniffer dogs leaping through the air doing somersaults and ripping jugulars of would be dealers is far more effective than actually having dogs that can do this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

what's that smell? Bull****

Advertisement