Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo S8-50 16gb littlewoods. €134

Options
  • 01-12-2015 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

Was looking at this on sale in currys the other day for €150 but it was sold out early Wednesday.
    Was €179 all week but down to €134 now. Apart from no hdmi out the specs look really good for that price.

Intel® Atom™ Z3745 quad core processor 1.86 GHz
    8 inch Full HD (1920 x 1200) display
    Android KitKat 4.4
    2Gb RAM
    16Gb storage
    Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth® 4.0
    2 x front-facing speakers with Dolby Audio/3.5mm jack
    8 Mp AF camera with f2.2 wide aperture glass lens
    1.6 Mp HD fixed-focus rear camera
    GPS: Satellite, A-GPS, GLONASS
    Dimensions: 209.8 x 123.8 x 7.9 mm
    Weight: 299g
    Lenovo S8-50 8 inch tablet
    http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/lenovo-s8-50-intelreg-z3745-quad-core-186ghz-processor-2gb-ram-16gb-storage-8-inch-full-hd-tablet-black/1458045485.prd

Edit: I've had family members get clothes of littlewoods and had no problems.
    But after looking at Ordep's post it would seem that they might not be the most reliable of company's to deal with should anything go wrong, especially with electronics.
    Edit 2: back up to €179 again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

I would recommend to search online for some reviews. I haven't done it, now I regret.

Would be the last place I'd buy something again.

Be careful and do your research.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Bought this tablet recently and from Littlewoods and can honestly say its a great machine for the price. The screen is bright, sharp and clear and battery life is fine. Was bought for the child but often used by the grownups because its so good. We bought loads of clothing from Littlewoods and we never any problems with returns but can't comment on the return of electronics as we have never had the need to send anything back :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Bought this tablet recently and from Littlewoods and can honestly say its a great machine for the price. The screen is bright, sharp and clear and battery life is fine. Was bought for the child but often used by the grownups because its so good. We bought loads of clothing from Littlewoods and we never any problems with returns but can't comment on the return of electronics as we have never had the need to send anything back :):)

I also, never had to send anything back. Because they didn't give me the chance. They just took my money from my bank account and cancelled my account two days after. On top of that, everytime I call their support, first they don't have a clue of what they are doing(each person gives you a different answer) , secondly I have to tell them over and over again what I was told by another colleague of them, thirdly I am paying 7+euro each time I call them, even having unlimited calls to Irish numbers.

This is just a very simplified version of what's happening. Judging by all reviews I found after, I'm definitely not the only one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

PaulT21 wrote: »

Is the battery as awful as all the online reviews suggest?

Whats the screen like? Some reviews say it's "sticky" as in your finger doesn't glide across it?:confused:

Have you updated it to Lollipop (Android 5.0.1)? Any problems with that?

Ever used a Nexus 7 2013 by any chance, how do they compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭d.lally2

Is the battery as awful as all the online reviews suggest?

Whats the screen like? Some reviews say it's "sticky" as in your finger doesn't glide across it?:confused:

Have you updated it to Lollipop (Android 5.0.1)? Any problems with that?

Ever used a Nexus 7 2013 by any chance, how do they compare?

I bought one of these last Christmas but ended up returning it and opting for a 2013 nexus 7. It's not a bad tablet by any means, great bright screen, good speakers, good fast performance but just preferred the nice clean interface of a Nexus device because I had a 2012 Nexus 7 before that. The battery life wasn't as bad as reviews suggest but definitely better in the nexus especially with the latest android update.

It's definitely a great tablet for the price but the nexus 7 is €135 in argos so I'd go for that myself but if you're looking for a 8" tab its probably as good as you can get for the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

d.lally2 wrote: »
    I bought one of these last Christmas but ended up returning it and opting for a 2013 nexus 7. It's not a bad tablet by any means, great bright screen, good speakers, good fast performance but just preferred the nice clean interface of a Nexus device because I had a 2012 Nexus 7 before that. The battery life wasn't as bad as reviews suggest but definitely better in the nexus especially with the latest android update.

It's definitely a great tablet for the price but the nexus 7 is €135 in argos so I'd go for that myself but if you're looking for a 8" tab its probably as good as you can get for the money.
    I got one from Amazon warehouse a few days at ago in process of sending back . android 4.4 no update was available after that 😕 screen was flicking on and off😀 waste of time
    I can recommend lenovo tab 2 A10 70f which I bought for 200 from Amazon
    Lenovo A10 Tab 2 10.1-inch Tablet (MTK 8165 Quad Core 1.5 GHz Processor, 1920 x 1200 IPS Screen, 16 GB Internal Memory up to 64 GB SD Card, 2 GB RAM, 8 MP Rear Camera, 5 MP Front Facing, Android 4.4) - Blue .updated to 5.0.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

chris1970 wrote: »
    I got one from Amazon warehouse

Thats second hand stuff isin't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Thats second hand stuff isin't it?
    This was more then secondhand. scratches all over it turned it on turn it off after 30 seconds printed out return label goodbye, thought I might get lucky with an open box only not to be

Advertisement