Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather for Oxegen

Options
  • 05-07-2005 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

It's going to be lashing rain according to the weather people (okay so what do they know but still)....the rain last year ruined it for me. Why can't it be sunny like 2003. Not fair :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

****...I heard it was gonna be sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Was it really that bad last year, i remember it being ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

BRING ON THE RAIN!!!

(then some sun to dry us all off)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Yeah? I also heard sunny. I hope it's sunny, but if it's too hot, the place will stink. Even worse is if it's sunny and then rains. People will reak. Should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

damn, and i just bought a crappy €10 tent. ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0031

Weather for dublin looks fab....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

festival ain't a festival without muck.

but since i can't be there, i hope it rains for you's to have a good time in the mud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Well a word of warning...I was in the middle of the Glastonbury floods and that was a result of putting too much faith in a weather forecast (light showers is what they said).

Last year it rained a lot in Oxegen but it actually held up very well and never got as muddy as Glastonbury or Fairyhouse in 2002 (which was a result of it raining for a good sold week before Witnness). I think the fact alot of the main areas are gravel/concrete helps.

It could get pretty miserable though because the wind and rain was bitterly cold. If you were just in a tshirt you were going to be freezing but as long as you can still get from stage to stage relatively easy its nothing to complain about. Just bring a long sleave shirt or jumper (god I sound like someones mother).

Anyway as long as its not constant heavy rain/wind we should be ok on the weather front. Hopefully there isnt enough mud for UTTER IDIOTS to start hurling clods of mud into the crowd through out the headliner performances like in 2002. No its not Craic when you get a lump of heavy sod in the back of your head when trying to watch a gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I hope that bbc forecast is right. But then i never trust weather forecasts most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭PlasseyMinstrel

AH feck it, you just have to be up for it really.

Last year had very hot sun and a lot of rain too... I thought the combination was just right. A bit of rain is nice for cooling you after the heat of the sun or just the heat of being in a big crowd jumping about like an eejit. It was never miserable.

If its hot we'll revel in the few hours of sun Ireland gets for the summer.
    If it rains we'll dance in the mud.

Let's face it, if its hot Irish people complain they're uncomfortable and get burned, if its cold people complain that its 'typical' (if its typical, learn to deal with it!) and that we never get any sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Last year was time at witness/oxegen and i had the time of my life even with the rain so i dont mind if it rains but if its good weather christ it will be great!

The lads at the previous witness festivals said the only diference between a sunny and rainy festival is you dont meet as many ppl when its raining cos every1 is in their shelters (understandably).

Even with the rain last year i never found it cold it was fairly humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ShakyJ

Forcast for Dublin. Should be the same down at oxegen. These can change a bit in the next day or two so i will check back and repost any changes, shouldnt be much of a change though. Ok here it is...

For those of you setting up camp on the Friday:

Temp between 14 & 16 degrees all day. Lots of cloud cover so dont expect much of the sun. Rain in the early hours of friday but should clear up by afternoon. Very little wind.

Sat:

Early morning starts at 15 degrees and is to reach 18 by around 4. Again a lot of cloud cover but should clear for a sort period in the afternoon. If there is rain it will be very very little. Not much wind again.

Sun:

Temperature will be more or less the same as Sat. Wind is a bit stronger, put the guide ropes on the tent just to be safe. Day starts with a lot of Cloud and is to clear up as the day goes on. Again if it is to rain it will be little. No rain after the afternoon.

And just to really p*ss us off, its to be class sunny days for Monday and Tuesday. Cant get better detail than that lads and I am 90% sure of this forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Guy ropes in tents are mostly to keep the outer and inner tent seperate to stop condensation building up. They wont give much more protection from your tent flying away than your flysheet pegs (which you better put all in and deep), unless you set them up very taut on all sides of your tent.

I think they are a waste of time in a festival campsite because you never have enough room to deploy them properly and an annoying hazard for people to have to try and avoid drunk and in the dark. Just make sure all your other pegs are strongly secure and your top and bottom sheet are properly attached and you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Am I the only one that got rained on last year so? I have this lasting memory of watching Muse and Ash and getting completely soaked and being freezing cold.

The year before was class, beautiful weather. Maybe a bit too hot though so something in between would be perfect.

Ah either way yippidy yay for Oxegen!! Hope everyone has a great weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Yeah it pissed rain last year, but it was also sunny, infact I was sunburnt for a week after. Bastard weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Right now the Met Eireann forecast is looking good
    3 Day Outlook: Thursday night will be cloudy, but dry apart from a little patchy drizzle. Any drizzle will die out on Friday morning and spells of hazy sunshine will develop. Temperatures will rise on Friday and winds will fall light too. It will be dry over the weekend with sunny spells. Winds will be mostly light and variable, though sea breezes will develop over the weekend. It will become progressively warmer with temperatures, in the high teens at first, reaching the low twenties by the weekend.

dudara wrote:
    Right now the Met Eireann forecast is looking good

That sounds like perfect festival weather. Here's hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 meanieman

meanieman wrote:

Ooooh....bad Sunday....baaaaaaad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'm more concerned with it raining on Friday. There's nothing worse than pitching your tent in lashing rain. By the time you get it setup, its soaking inside, and isn't much comfort when you eventually get out of the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Put up the outside first.Then when your puttin' up the part you'll actually sleep in climb into the tent and you can put it up in there and stay nice and dry and so will the inside!!! Ya get me?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

From Met Eireann
    High pressure will bring a hot and sultry weekend with early morning mist and low cloud gradually clearing to give mainly dry days with spells of sunshine. A similar day is in store for Monday with very warm temperatures again and sunny spells.

Advertisement