Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Competition on the Oxegen site

• 06-07-2005 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what other people think of this.
    On the Oxegen site and mcd site theres been a text competition running for Oxegen tickets, entry cost €2.50! I imagine a large majority of entrants were people who couldn't afford tickets in the first place and then once it sold out people desperate for tickets. The add was as follows
    To Win 2 Weekend Camping Tickets

Simply text the word OX to 57030 (RoI) or to 84122 (NI)

Terms & Conditions
    SP zamano 0818 300048 Cost euro 2.50/£2.00

Closing Date: July 1st

It now appears that there is only one pair of tickets to give away
    Competitions
    OXEGEN TICKETS

This competition is now finished.

The lucky Winner was Neola Smyth from Dublin.

So it seems after no doubt receiving thousands of texts at €2.50 a pop they gave away 2 measly weekend tickets. I think its an absolute disgrace and a rip-off on the part of Heinken, Oxegen and MCD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

comet wrote:
    On the Oxegen site and mcd site theres been a text competition running for Oxegen tickets, entry cost €2.50! I imagine a large majority of entrants were people who couldn't afford tickets in the first place and then once it sold out people desperate for tickets. The add was as follows

So it seems after no doubt receiving thousands of texts at €2.50 a pop they gave away 2 measly weekend tickets. I think its an absolute disgrace and a rip-off on the part of Heinken, Oxegen and MCD.

Well in fairness it does say "To win 2 tickets...".
    It doesn't say there is any more than 2 tickets to be won.

People still got the chance to win them, but with very little odds, obviously.

But yeah, MCD etc are ripoff bastrds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

There was a competition on http://www.staff.ie which finished today. I think the chances of winning two tickets were about 1 in 5!

I didn't win though :(

MCD/Ticketmaster/etc are ****esters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

comet wrote:

What's wrong with it? There's loads of these competitions about the place and at least in this case they tell you what you are winning, how much it costs and the actual name of the winner. The telecoms operators and the service providers get most of the money anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I wouldnt cross the road to Oxegen.
    Cost euro 2.50/£2.00
    Sterling must have dropped considerably in the exchange rates.
    Funnily enought the forecast is good for the weekend.

Advertisement