Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leo Varadker

• 24-09-2012 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hey,

I am just curious to see what people think of Leo Varadker

I probably don't follow politics as much as I should but I've noticed that anytime a journalist is liking for a quote they go straight to him . Am I right in assuming this is because he is minister for comms or does he just like the sound of his ow voice ??

It also seems that twice in the last month or so he seems to have stuck the knife in on James Reilly . I am not a supporter of Reilly but I just thought the government should be trying to stick together or at least having there arguements behind closed doors ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lucy from fair city

A right wing smug west brit who needs to have that smug look wiped off his lardy face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

There is just something about him that makes you want to punch him right in his face alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

He is what he is because he is let get that way. If you hate leo when he goes your hate will go. Really if you think of it. If you hate leos policies then you hate fine gael policies so this is where your anger should lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Leo has a tendancy to speak first, then get corrected by party spin doctors later so he's usually good for a boo boo as he likes to call it. He's also a bit miffed at his transport role and likes to think he has a say in bigger portfolios.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭markpb

A right wing smug west brit who needs to have that smug look wiped off his lardy face.
    0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    There is just something about him that makes you want to punch him right in his face alright.

Is this After Hours or Politics?
    Mick990 wrote: »
    does he just like the sound of his ow voice ?? [..] I just thought the government should be trying to stick together or at least having there arguements behind closed doors ??

Every politician loves the sound of their own voice, it's how they develop and image and how they get re-elected. Silent politicians remain unknown and unloved by the electorate. Ministers should (probably) stick together in government but they're all thinking about the next election. If they don't criticise an unpopular politician, they risk being seen as disconnected from the electorate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

I never understand why he is so disliked.

He regularly gives the most truthful or accurate representation..........actually that is probably why he is disliked.

It's silly when people complain they want politicians to be truthful, then when they actually are, they get slated for it.
    What do people want? A fairytale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

Probably one of the more forthright and honest ministers in the current giovernment, probably also one of the more socially liberal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Given the basis on which they were elected, i.e. reform, the only Government Minister I'll have respect for is the one that comes out and says that pay and allowances in the public service, including themselves, is morally unjustifiable. In other words, I can't see myself ever having respect for any Government Minister.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Dannyboy83 wrote: »
    I never understand why he is so disliked.

He regularly gives the most truthful or accurate representation..........actually that is probably why he is disliked.

It's silly when people complain they want politicians to be truthful, then when they actually are, they get slated for it.
    What do people want? A fairytale?

Young people, and anyone who appears to have intelligence or opinions, get automatically attacked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 dean23

He would knife you in the back
    lastnight he did not fully back Reilly on the week in politics
    I belive he would love to see Reilly sacked as reilly is a big backer of Enda and it might open up another attack to remove Enda

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 dean23

bmaxi wrote: »
    Given the basis on which they were elected, i.e. reform, the only Government Minister I'll have respect for is the one that comes out and says that pay and allowances in the public service, including themselves, is morally unjustifiable. In other words, I can't see myself ever having respect for any Government Minister.
    Moan moan moan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

goose2005 wrote: »
    Young people, and anyone who appears to have intelligence or opinions, get automatically attacked.

these are the people attacking Varadker by the looks of it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

dean23 wrote: »
    Moan moan moan

You think it's not worth bemoaning the fact that people in the Public Service are being paid extra allowances to do a job they are actually contracted to do, while frontline services are being cut? You can only be a Public Servant

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

markpb wrote: »
    Is this After Hours or Politics?

MOD CLOSING COMMENT:
    Please be advised that this OP falls below standards for posting in Politics.
    Dr Galen wrote: »
    This is a Politics forum, not Liveline... Certain standards of debate are expected, and will be enforced.
    Dr Galen wrote: »
    This isn't AH or Humour. Threads (and posts) that are not based on serious and legitimate Political discussion will be removed without warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement