Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the english exam HL

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

It may be just me, but I think as long as you're a bit creative, and have some hobbies, you'll always find a nice topic.

Too bad the choice where you write a modern version of some old fairy take didn't come up. It was soo funny when i practiced it :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭innovation.

I did mine on the one where you had to write it beginning with, "I knew this day would take some courage to get through" or something along those lines. Started to panic about time so I wrote only about 3 pages. Read over it though and it all seems well written with a nice high tension point so I should be all good. :D

Mine was all about the first day being back in school after being through some tough times during the summer holidays. I felt really alone in a crowded place (being a school) and had trust issues blah blah blah. It was a load of sh1te tbh. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,898 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

i was really considering just writing a normal story and right at the end just saying "and then i made this list" and just name all the items.also for the review i did it on the ipod nano 6g because i was gonna get one and i watched a 10 minute review of it on youtube on monday:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Desire.

half a page for 5 marks...ridiculous I know but it helped a little

Ridiculous indeed. That's pure spoof anyway. You're not expected to write too much for the functional writing - you get marked for being concise and to the point.
    mixery wrote: »
    Am I the only one to write about Haiti? Well, anyway.

It had to be in the last twelve months. You won't lose many marks for that. I doubt it's really important.
    Am I the only one that finished really early? For Paper 1 I finished a half hour early and and hour early on PP 2. I waited till the end tho, just in case . I was getting a bit nervous that everybody in my class said they were stuck for time cuz I was like wtf you serious?:rolleyes: . My hand is flipping aching now lol. I did a booklet for each PP too:pac:

I'm not trying to be a ****** or anything, but how in the world were you able to do every question properly and be finished after ninety minutes?
    LMFAOx3 wrote: »
    Oh crap.
    Am I the only one here who did question 2 for media studies?:(

I'd say question one was definitely more popular by a long-shot. Libraries are boring! :pac:

Desire, i went through it quite swiftly too, just in case I run out of time, but then I revisited it, looked over, added some points.

Also I don't know if you're the man, but in P1 reading I said that that lady has "Desire to Inspire" Look at that nice phrase that came from boards!:pac:

Desire, i went through it quite swiftly too, just in case I run out of time, but then I revisited it, looked over, added some points.

Also I don't know if you're the man, but in P1 reading I said that that lady has "Desire to Inspire" Look at that nice phrase that came from boards!:pac:

Desire-to-Aspire, that was me! :pac:

I understand that you can go through the paper quickly, but finishing in ninety minutes means that you completed each section in fifteen minutes. I don't see how it is possible to do that and answer everything properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

what was the shakespearen drama on? I can't remember if I did that or th Other Drama :o Yeah I'm forgetful! Anyway,whichever one I did,it was sooooooo easy! :D So glad I didn't do the other one - I was really able to analyse this one :)

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    what was the shakespearen drama on? I can't remember if I did that or th Other Drama :o Yeah I'm forgetful! Anyway,whichever one I did,it was sooooooo easy! :D So glad I didn't do the other one - I was really able to analyse this one :)

The Other Drama was about a girl (who half the country thought was a man :pac:) trying to direct a play. It was simple!

And Shakespeare was <ooh> Midsummer nights dream.

Desire, I filled both booklets fully, and except that Haiti I think it's all really rather good :) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Oh I did the Shakespearen one. The one about the guy directing a play. And there was a character called Nick Bottom in it. SO I guess I did the Shakespearen one :) I was in the minority then!

Desire, I filled both booklets fully, and except that Haiti I think it's all really rather good :) .

Same! Well lucky you if you can write and think that quickly! :pac:

No, I mean for P1 I had the 3 "easy" sections done in 70 minutes, leaving me with plenty of time for essay, and as I had that pretty much in my head I finished quickly, so I went back correcting mistakes and If you wish showing of my knowledge:o by fancy quotes et cetera.

And P2 suited me perfectly - it all just strolled along. I had about 45 minutes to do the unseen poetry, so I squeezed everything I could out of it. man it was though:rolleyes:.

I didn't really rush, as I say, I'm happy with it :) .

Oh, English is the subject I mainly care about, and after doing out the whole past papers I was getting all As so you know, good prep worrk ;D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Oh dear, I may have said quite a bit more than was necessary and maybe a little too informal in my letter. Like, my opening paragraph should have just died, I don't know what I was thinking...ughhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 summers nearly ther HUHHHHHHHHH

i wil be so worried 4 the whole summa
    :(:confused:

a sure, theres no need to worry, i mean, it's only the junior cert, it won't really affect you unless you really f**ked it up. the leaving cert is what counts:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Delighted on p2 but the essay was poor on p1

• Advertisement
Advertisement