Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seinfeld characters

Options
  • 22-04-2015 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else think that the Seinfeld characters are not likeable. Is that the point?

George:Fat, bald,loud, annoying guy.

Jerry: Loud, rude, obnoxious.

Kramer: well he is Kramer...

Elaine: Rude, bitchy, annoying.

It is still a hilarious show!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

That's exactly the point yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah, they're meant to be horrible and that's what makes those characters so brilliant. It plays a big part in the very last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

As others have said, that's kinda the point. That's why no other characters stay around very long, who'd put up up with those over analytic superior bunch of weirdos... and their weird friend Kramer. The great thing the writers did was make them somehow relatable, and without realising it you're empathising with them. Deep down we're all horrible people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Yeah, they're meant to be horrible and that's what makes those characters so brilliant. It plays a big part in the very last episode.

I'd like to begin to say...yada yada yada :D

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I'd like to begin to say...yada yada yada :D

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Those pretzels are making you thirsty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

And this just in:

Frasier and Niles Crane? Quite snobby, and a bit uptight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Georges dad = even louder !!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

vicwatson wrote: »
    Georges dad = even louder !!

SERENITY NOW!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

It's the reason that although it's an absolutely brilliant show I'll never have the same fondness for Seinfeld as I do for Frasier.

endacl wrote: »
    SERENITY NOW!

:D

Not forgetting Festivus for the rest of us!:D
    It's the reason that although it's an absolutely brilliant show I'll never have the same fondness for Seinfeld as I do for Frasier.

I agree it certainly had it's moments considering it was a show about 'nothing' but Frasier was certainly something else, as it had the wittiest & sharpest humour in the show :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Best comedy TV show ever, that's the whole point, if they were all lovely kind hearted people it would have been cancelled after one season, best episodes are the ones where George is really disappointed that his girlfriend who he met in jail is being released, for example or the one where he sets up a fake charity at Christmas (The Human Foundation) not to mention the ones with Newman in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

if they were all lovely kind hearted people it would have been cancelled after one season

It very nearly didn't go past the pilot. NBC were really not impressed with it. I'm glad there was a change of heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭shazzerman

Moops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Frank's verbal attack on Steinbrenner for trading Jay Buhner right after he was told George had died is one of my favourite TV show scenes.

Jerry Stiller was amazing on Seinfeld.

Best comedy TV show ever, that's the whole point, if they were all lovely kind hearted people it would have been cancelled after one season, best episodes are the ones where George is really disappointed that his girlfriend who he met in jail is being released, for example or the one where he sets up a fake charity at Christmas (The Human Foundation) not to mention the ones with Newman in them!

Oh yeah, his eyes lit up when he heard about conjugal rights :P
    The time when he was collecting the coupons to an already expanding wallet that was reaching critical mass & then BOOM.
    Bizarro Jerry was hilarious!
    There were quite a good few guest stars in it inc Jane Leeves (Frasier's Daphne) as Marla the Virgin!

But Frogger is one that will stick out, here's behind the scenes-extras

Btw: i can only post the links as the embedded youtube links aren't showing up for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

lertsnim wrote: »
    It very nearly didn't go past the pilot. NBC were really not impressed with it. I'm glad there was a change of heart.

The pilot my god the first season was dire,in todays standards it wouldnt get past a few episodes.

I came across this last nite,

Seinfeld: The Movie 2015 Trailer

I thought it was real, til you read the comments, but some people thought it was here :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

hows it goin

pretty good

hows it goin

pretty good

I thought you's all at the LLS thread were going to BED 2hrs ago :p which reminds me, i'm going myself in the next few mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

I thought you's all at the LLS thread were going to BED 2hrs ago :p which reminds me, i'm going myself in the next few mins.

pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm glad the cast are all against a reunion or revival, because it's just one of those things that shouldn't be touched - it was brilliant and we had 9 seasons of it, so re-watch to our hearts content. And if anyone tries to do a re-make they should be shot...

I'm glad the cast are all against a reunion or revival, because it's just one of those things that shouldn't be touched - it was brilliant and we had 9 seasons of it, so re-watch to our hearts content. And if anyone tries to do a re-make they should be shot...

They were good enough to do a reunion of some sort on Curb, not too sure if it was the whole cast? as i've yet to watch the rest of the seasons!

I hope they don't re-make something of the show, when it was a show about nothing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

lertsnim wrote: »

They were kinda right in fairness.

The first 2 seasons are not very good bar a couple of decent episodes in the second season.It only really gets going properly in Season 3.

Thankfully they persevered with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

skinnie wrote: »
    As others have said, that's kinda the point. That's why no other characters stay around very long, who'd put up up with those over analytic superior bunch of weirdos... and their weird friend Kramer. The great thing the writers did was make them somehow relatable, and without realising it you're empathising with them. Deep down we're all horrible people :D
    E.g. Elaine's rant on the tyranny of office cake :p

I agree a new series wouldn't work, though the odd reunion (like Cheers characters showing up on Frasier) could be good, though of course there isn't really a spin off from Seinfeld in the same way for them to show up on (Curb isn't a spin off of course).

They were kinda right in fairness.

The first 2 seasons are not very good bar a couple of decent episodes in the second season.It only really gets going properly in Season 3.

Thankfully they persevered with it.

Ih the first 2 seasons it really was "a show about nothing"!.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I came across this last nite,

Seinfeld: The Movie 2015 Trailer

I thought it was real, til you read the comments, but some people thought it was here :P

That's pretty good. Where do the modern George and Jerry bits come from?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

From Seinfeld's web series, comediansincarsgettingcoffee. Some of them are brilliant.

Advertisement