Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bridge (Bron) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

That was a pretty incredible two hours of television. Emotional and exciting in equal measure, taking the narrative and the characters in fascinating directions. I was almost yelling "why the **** aren't you wearing protective masks!" at the screen, but the scenes in the bathroom were so harrowing and devastating I'll take that one notable leap of logic. But genuinely superb stuff all in all, one of the most involving and affecting series finales I've ever watched. I actually would not mind in the slightest if there was no series 3, but quite curious where they plan on taking the story from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

dixiefly wrote: »
    Brilliant series and a cliffhanger at the end where we dont know the other person involved that killed Gertrud.

The writer gives some comments in this webchat and also says that it hasnt been decided if the person that killed Gertrud will be revealed in series 3 (which is due in 2016).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tv/posts/The-Bridge-Live-web-chat

Brilliant finale but I'd be really disappointed if we don't find out in season 3 who shot Gertrud.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

dixiefly wrote: »
    Brilliant series and a cliffhanger at the end where we dont know the other person involved that killed Gertrud.

The writer gives some comments in this webchat and also says that it hasnt been decided if the person that killed Gertrud will be revealed in series 3 (which is due in 2016).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tv/posts/The-Bridge-Live-web-chat

He got his dates mixed up on the blog.
    But I'd say it still could be early 2016 if Sweden/Denmark get it 2015.
    No, you're right, I got the years all wrong...
    Start shooting 2014
    Airing Sweden/Denmark 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

That was a pretty incredible two hours of television. Emotional and exciting in equal measure, taking the narrative and the characters in fascinating directions. I was almost yelling "why the **** aren't you wearing protective masks!" at the screen, but the scenes in the bathroom were so harrowing and devastating I'll take that one notable leap of logic. But genuinely superb stuff all in all, one of the most involving and affecting series finales I've ever watched. I actually would not mind in the slightest if there was no series 3, but quite curious where they plan on taking the story from here.

+1 my only issue was while watching it streamed on i-player my net speed varied so much that the last five mins took about 10 to watch...!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not Pernille! I had to walk out of the room for a second during that scene, obvious what was going to happen but just heartbreaking to endure. Viktoria so self interested, she had just killed another woman and seemed to show little emotion, true to her horrible character.

Didn't think Mette would stay with Martin after last week.
    Martin must surely have known Saga was going to turn him in, difficult to see any other killer than Martin, but he never admitted it, even to Saga. If Martin did, as it looks like, kill Jens, series 3 will mean lots of prison visits for Saga, and Jens ultimately won, which would be disappointing.

What crime did Saga commit to get custody of her sister, did I miss that or was it never revealed? Planting evidence or the like?

I'll miss watching this, shame it will be a couple of years before we get to see the next series.

1.1 million viewers for the weekends episode. 5.1% share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

I'll miss watching this, shame it will be a couple of years before we get to see the next series.

I know !!!!
    A 2 year wait is a nightmare !!!
    The best tv show ever without doubt, even better than Breaking Bad, Sopranos, The Wire etc.
    Saga and Martin have fantastic chemistry on screen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Very much a human drama series above and beyond a crime one. Whatever about the odd plot glitch, so much hinges on the dynamic and rhythms of the Martin/Saga relationship. A pleasure to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

claiva wrote: »
    I know !!!!
    A 2 year wait is a nightmare !!!
    The best tv show ever without doubt, even better than Breaking Bad, Sopranos, The Wire etc.
    Saga and Martin have fantastic chemistry on screen.

Yes it is tremendous television,not sure though if even this season can surpass the first season of The Killing(Forbrydelsen).

seligehgit wrote: »
    Yes it is tremendous television,not sure though if even this season can surpass the first season of The Killing(Forbrydelsen).

I'm actually half way through that, loving it, Sarah Lund is a great character, just Jens is such a tool, by design obviously, so there is no decent interaction between the 2, compared with the relationship between Saga and Martin which just makes The Bridge more watchable for me.

Wouldn't want to miss either of them though tbh. So much going on with The Killing, mixing the political world with the crime world so expertly. It's sustaining it all very well so far considering there is still 10 episodes to go. Troels seems like such a genuine man, who does everything with good intentions, but probably lots of deep dark stuff bubbling underneath I'm yet to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Finished watching this last night. Season 2 IMO is better than the first which was great.

Love the music the, cinematography and the cast. Superb stuff.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

ok - half way through S1 - one question (no spoilers) - why do all the doors open OUT?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

cjmcork wrote: »
    ok - half way through S1 - one question (no spoilers) - why do all the doors open OUT?!!!

My experience in hotels in Copenhagen is that they do, a bit tricky ff someone is passing by as you exit ;)

However, I expect the answer is security in case of fire, push out is easier than open in ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

cjmcork wrote: »
    I was wondering this as well! Thought it might be to do with pushing snow away from a door rather than have it fall in to the house when you open the front door, but that doesn't explain why the inside doors do as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Spoiler about cast member exiting for the next season.
    Kim Bodnia (Martin) has quit the show. Pretty disappointing. I know Saga is the main character, but we learnt so much about her through her interactions with Martin.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a576714/the-bridge-series-3-kim-bodnia-quits-as-martin-rohde.html#~oGMRN9DWK5t9Ys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

that's such a pity

Very sad he's leaving. I didn't particularly like where they took him last season, so if it was more of the same I don't blame him. Big hole in the series now. Bordering on being gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It is a god damn shame. The interplay between them elevated the show to bigger things.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It is a shame. A lot of the show does depend on the interaction between Saga and Martin and they've built up that relationship over the first two series and now it's gone.

I did wonder where they were going to go with his character for the third series, he hardly got off a murder charge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

That seems to have been misreported to a degree.

Season 2's now on Irish Netflix.

A few images from season 3, and a teaser.

Bit low res. Here's the Facebook link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

New Trailer with English sub-titles

The Bridge 3 will be shown on Danish television on 27th Sept 2015. A UK air date is still to be confirmed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Season 3 just started last night on Swedish/Danish TV. Shouldn't be too long to wait for an English-subbed version.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Season 3 just started last night on Swedish/Danish TV. Shouldn't be too long to wait for an English-subbed version.

I saw on facebook that it will be on Bbc in November.

BBC4 Trailer but no air date yet.

Now that's a great teaser.

Oh wow. The Bridge is one of the best tv series I've seen. Very excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Will never forgive her for what she did to Martin.

I couldn't get over that but found it very sad for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I'll never forgive the writers for what they did to Martin, I think I remember reading that the actor felt the same.

• Advertisement

Advertisement