Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Forum Boards Beers?

• 20-04-2015 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Just gonna throw this idea out there and see if anything sticks...

As some of you may be aware, every so often some of the various forums organise Boards Beers and they go meet in a pub somewhere to discuss shared interests (in this case TV shows) in person, but mostly to meet the people behind the usernames.

So if a Boards Beers were organised for the TV forum, is that something you'd consider attending (provided the date, time and place suited obviously)?

This is just to see if there's interest in the idea, and if there is then we can start throwing dates around.

TV Forum Boards Beers? Good Idea or Bad Idea? 11 votes

Yes, if the date and location suited, I'd go - would be nice to put some names to faces
    0% 0 votes
    No, not in a million years would I meet people off the internet in person
    100% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Chrome342

Yes!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'll bump this, see if more people are interested...

Anyone who's up for it, does anyone want to start throwing out ideas as to where and when such a meetup would take place?
    Early June perhaps, since most shows will have wrapped for the summer by the end of May... And how does Dublin work for people? (Doesn't have to be Dublin if there's more interest from elsewhere obviously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I would suggest a pub without a TV. Damned things are inclined to start arguments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I would suggest a pub without a TV. Damned things are inclined to start arguments.

I know plenty of TV-less pubs if we're gonne be doing it in Dublin - I even know one or two that are nice and quiet (in the sense they don't play blaring music)... I'm a grumpy old curmudgeon sometimes when it comes to my drinking habits - reasonably quiet and uncrowded establishments for the win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So sheepish strangers sitting in the corner of a pub, supping their preferred Dutch courage and avoiding eye contact til someone, already a bit too tipsy, breaks the ice by blerting out 'Breaking Bad is overrated tripe!' - or something to that effect? Sounds great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

If I was free I'd attend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Numbers might be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

pixelburp wrote: »
    So sheepish strangers sitting in the corner of a pub, supping their preferred Dutch courage and avoiding eye contact til someone, already a bit too tipsy, breaks the ice by blerting out 'Breaking Bad is overrated tripe!' - or something to that effect? Sounds great :D

Nothing that extreme needs do - poor dears will be shocked enough by seeing daylight for the first time in ages. And Dutch courage is only on tap in Morrisseys of Cork St. - I was reliably informed today that anyone reading this is barred. Congratulations.

A free pint goes to Ryan DLB if he turns up. G'wan I dare ya...

Advertisement