Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handcrafted Christening present - knitting or cross stitch

Options
  • 11-01-2015 3:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭

There is a family event coming up of a Christening. My first niece was born a few months ago and she is very precious. I would like to make a present for her Christening. I have some ideas in mind but I would like to see what others think:

1) knitting - I like to knit. I learned a little bit of knitting in primary school and it was something I liked and enjoyed. Around a year and a half ago I took up knitting. I bought a big book where it explains so much techniques with pictures and I learned much from this and you tube videos. I knitted some things like a skirt for a doll and a dress for a doll and other bits and bits. These were mainly in purl stitch and one project had a pattern with holes for a ribbon around the waist band. I did caps and scarfs too for dolls. I had trouble with the rib stitch but eventually found a solution to fix the rib stitch that was coming out holey and that solution being eastern European style knit and purl stitching. So I'm OK at knitting.

An idea I have for a present is to knit a christening dress for a teddy bear. I have my eye on a beautiful teddy bear in town and I have some balls of creamy coloured cotton yarn that I could use for the dress.
    I won't be going down the route for knitting a dress for baby for a few different reasons.

2) cross stitch - I think I was in 5th class in school when the class worked on something and I think it was cross stitching. That was something I liked back then too. But that was the first and only time I cross stitched. I do have a small cross stitching kit in my knitting bag from aldi but I never I got around to trying my hand at that yet. I saw some beautiful cross stitching kits online for new baby and christening. I'm tempted to go for one of these and frame when it's done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

As the OP is now banned I'm just going to lock this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement