Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog faeces problem in Gorey

Options
  • 06-01-2015 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hello

As much as I love Gorey town there's one problem I just can't seem to come to terms with.
    It is the problem of dog mess all over the pavements and garden areas.
    It really is a horrible experience when you or a relative or friend steps in it.
    I have a dog (golden retriever) and I always pick up its faeces and I wish everyone else had to decency to do so as well.
    Kind regards
    Niall (Overmanlyman)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Try Enniscorthy - even worse. Bottom (sorry!) line is, if you don't have a garden big enough to contain a dog you probably shouldn't have one. Picking up - yeah right and the pavement is clean afterwards. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Overmanlyman

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Try Enniscorthy - even worse. Bottom (sorry!) line is, if you don't have a garden big enough to contain a dog you probably shouldn't have one. Picking up - yeah right and the pavement is clean afterwards. :rolleyes:

The problem that is even worse than mine is that people pick it up and then throw the plastic bag containing it into a ditch or somewhere instead of disposing of it the correct way!!

Useful fact = it takes 500 to 1000 years for plastic to decompose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Wexford town is the exact same thing, there is a way of stamping this out if the Co Co wanted to do this - have plain clothes employees with the powers to issue the on the spot fines of €150.00 (the community wardens stand out like a sore thumb), have a fasttrack court system for people unwilling to pay the on the spot fines, you can be sure these people are serial offenders.

It's a win win - the towns look far better, more hygenic and the state gets the fines

Some dog owners just don't give a f*** though, they impose their dogs dirt on the rest of society which has to be stamped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And repeat offenders should have their animals taken off them if they cannot consider their fellow citizens imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Overmanlyman

vicwatson wrote: »
    Wexford town is the exact same thing, there is a way of stamping this out if the Co Co wanted to do this - have plain clothes employees with the powers to issue the on the spot fines of €150.00 (the community wardens stand out like a sore thumb), have a fasttrack court system for people unwilling to pay the on the spot fines, you can be sure these people are serial offenders.

It's a win win - the towns look far better, more hygenic and the state gets the fines

Some dog owners just don't give a f*** though, they impose their dogs dirt on the rest of society which has to be stamped out.

Agreed

• Advertisement
Advertisement