Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglaries Clonattin Village, Gorey

Options
  • 16-01-2013 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Clonattin Village in Gorey over the last year has reportably been the target of burglaries, specifically in the concentrated area around the Park and Drive. Since the beginning of 2012 there has been a reported 8 burglaries in this area with 3 occurring in the last 4 months.

With increased concern and anger from residents, we are writing this post for the purpose of those living in Clonattin Village and other targeted estates, advising them to please follow these steps to try and keep burglaries out of Gorey estates in 2013.

-Remove key from glass back doors at night and when out of house.
    -lock downstairs windows and external gates
    -Possibly buy lighting timers for when away from home at night
    -lock internal downstairs doors accessed from the back and side of house again at night and when out of house
    -Communicate with neighbours when out of property
    -turn on alarms at night and when out of property.
    -report suspicious activity in the estate such as cars hanging around, unusual knocks or enquiries at door etc...

Some of these measures may appear drastic but it is important to advice that burglaries, specifically daytime burglaries are on the increase and it is more important than ever to protect your home and your valuable belongings.

We hope this post will in some way help in resolving this problem. As a rental estate with little written communication between residents it is the only way of drawing attention to the problem.

Discussions are welcome below.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

I have a house in there in Phase 2 that we used to live at but now have it rented out to a young Polish family. Very good tenants after having bad experience with other tenants.
    Re: burglaries and robberies in Clonattin Village. There are serious criminals from Dublin residing in the estate. Our home was broken into last February and they were identified as being known to Gardai and living in Clonattin Village. Unfortunately despite what we thought was enough evidence against them, they were arrested, released, and never charged and never will be. The detectives investigating the case have told me who they are and I know what they drive(or at least were at the time) along with the reg number. They also told me that they are suspects in at least 20 break-ins in Clonattin Village alone.
    PM me if you want more information

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Boardieman

Another burglary today in Clonattin Village. Once again in the Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

Hi all, might be moving to clonattin village soon. Presume these burglaries have stopped? Is it a nice estate to live in? we are a young couple. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭L8rdude

I haven't heard of any burglaries recently (over a year)

Where I live in the estate is quiet enough, but it is quite large. There used to be some night time social issues near the park, but I haven't heard anything in the last year +

Advertisement