Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glow-Worm BBU 45/4 - Control Thermistor Knob "A" broken

• 07-04-2014 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have a back boiler installed in the apartment that I’m living. From its manual, I identified that it is a Glow-Worm (Chatsworth) BBU 45/4 or 54/4.

By mistake I broke the knob that was used to turn off the boiler and set the temperature. From the manual. I noticed that it is called Control Thermistor Knob “A”. I tried to search online for it, and I am not completely sure that this is the exact model and since I’m a new user I am not able to post links or images, but it is easily found if someone searches for GLOWWORM 2000801438 MMI CONTROL BOX ASSY.

I live in an apartment complex, so I called the manager to help me get this fixed, since I’m a tenant and the landlord said that we should do like this when something is broken and we want it fixed. The manager said that this part is no longer available, but he will try to talk with some guys to see if he finds it. I said that I would like to call a Registered Gas Installer to get a look at this, but he said that he might not be able to help me since that part he thinks that is no longer available and that he will call me back in 24 hours.

I never had this issue before, and I’m also new to Ireland so I wanted to ask for advice on how I should proceed with this. Should I call a RGI? Do you think that it may be true that this is no longer available, even though I was able to find something at least similar on a UK website?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Ring CF Quadrant (the agent for that appliance) and they will tell you if available or not.
    Then get manager to get an RGI (make sure the repair guy is for your safety) out to repair.
    01-630 5757

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Irnuk

Thank you very much for your reply! I called them and they have this spare part on stock. I also called the manager and he assured me that he has a RGI available to do this.

Thank you!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Most welcome.

Advertisement