Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead timer

• 06-04-2014 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    The wife switched on the oil heating tonight, we dont use the timer just switch on the constant option if its chilly. Because shes a wee little thing she uses the brush handle to flick the switch but tonight she got a flash and a tripped breaker. The rocker switch seems to have fused, the unit is 18 years old and when I google this model (theben ram 326 see pics) I come up with nothing. Is anyone familiar with this one, if a replacement is not available would I be mad to replace the rocker switch. ( I have a funny feeling that the brush is redundant as i will be the switcher onner after tonight :p)
    Any suggestions appreciated.
    [IMG][/img]control1.jpg
    [IMG][/img]control2.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

YES,You would be mad to replace the rocker switch,maybe even insane.You could buy a new one for less than 40 euro.Also get your electrician to lower the unit so your wife can turn it off and on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

agusta wrote: »
    YES,You would be mad to replace the rocker switch,maybe even insane.You could buy a new one for less than 40 euro.Also get your electrician to lower the unit so your wife can turn it off and on.
    Fair comment, reminds me of the crack about the garda tapes last week, I wasnt going to do it, just asking:D, Anyway I got a good run out of this one, does anyone have any suggestions for a good quality replacement that I can have waiting for my Leccy when he calls tomorrow evening.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

you will get a good quality one in most plumbing merchants or electrical merchants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

Looking at the photo , there appears to be burning on the back of the resistor , new clock and get an electrician to make it more accessible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

If you don't use it as a auto timer then a normal switch would do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

or a wireless programmable room stat, leave the base station there, and move the stat to somewhere suitable for your beloved

Advertisement