Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cost of Installation of woodburner

• 03-04-2014 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭

http://www.stovecentre.ie/product.php?id_product=58

Hi there would anybody have a rough idea of how much it would cost to get a small woodburner, similar to one in link above, installed. I'd be putting it where an existing Gas fire is, so I think it's a case of,
    1. Disconnect and remove existing Gas fire
    2. install Small stove
    3. Run what ever needs to be run up the Chimney for new stove.

It's only for heating and visual effect, there are no Radiators or hot water run from existing gas fire.

I should have said, I can't do any of this myself

Actually just thinking, is this even a Plumbing job ? or would I need a general Builder ?

21/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭therealmccoy

uch wrote: »
    http://www.stovecentre.ie/product.php?id_product=58

Hi there would anybody have a rough idea of how much it would cost to get a small woodburner, similar to one in link above, installed. I'd be putting it where an existing Gas fire is, so I think it's a case of,
    1. Disconnect and remove existing Gas fire
    2. install Small stove
    3. Run what ever needs to be run up the Chimney for new stove.

It's only for heating and visual effect, there are no Radiators or hot water run from existing gas fire.

I should have said, I can't do any of this myself

Actually just thinking, is this even a Plumbing job ? or would I need a general Builder ?

Hi there, you'd be best to get an RGII installer to disconnect the gas fire and blanket off the pipework. (No point taking a chance when working with GAS!)
    Depending on the guy, he might be able to fit the stove for you too. Generally speaking (from experience) you should expect to pay anything 200-300 on labour plus parts. To connect to existing clay liner it would be about €120 on flue. If you are putting in a liner then for a single store it would be €300 and €400 for 2 story. (That should include the liner itself, Vermiculite Insulation and a good cowl). Hope that helps. Any Q's, feel free to ask or send a PM if you're in the Galway area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

Why would the op need to be in Galway area? Lol <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭therealmccoy

esox28 wrote: »
    Why would the op need to be in Galway area? Lol <3

I'd be able to recommend people in the Galway area. ;). But dont want to upset the 'Boards.ie' gods by advertising for a business on the public forum.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

You can recommend people here, just not yourself. That would be an infraction ;)

Advertisement