Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Heating Timer Control Panel

Options
  • 08-04-2014 8:52pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Firstly sorry for the n00b questions, I'm completely useless with anything DIY related, if there isn't a plug on it I'm useless.

Anyway, my home is ~12 years old and the control unit for the heat is the same age, it's an old dial type like the pic below
    66B.jpg
    To be honest, it's annoying me at this stage, it's in a press and anytime you manually turn on or off the heat you end up hitting off the dial which changes the timer.

I was wondering if there's a digital alternative and if so where would be the best place to get 1? Ideally, if I could get 1 that I could control via wifi it would be brilliant, but I don't want to spend too much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Clareman wrote: »
    Hi All,

Firstly sorry for the n00b questions, I'm completely useless with anything DIY related, if there isn't a plug on it I'm useless.

Anyway, my home is ~12 years old and the control unit for the heat is the same age, it's an old dial type like the pic below
    66B.jpg
    To be honest, it's annoying me at this stage, it's in a press and anytime you manually turn on or off the heat you end up hitting off the dial which changes the timer.

I was wondering if there's a digital alternative and if so where would be the best place to get 1? Ideally, if I could get 1 that I could control via wifi it would be brilliant, but I don't want to spend too much.

Your most basic alternative is the horstmann c11 . Very user friendly , can't control with wifi but it's a good cheap programmer at about 50/60 euro if memory serves me right . But you have the advantage of a one hour boost feature that you don't have on your currant mechanical timer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That looks spot on, thanks, stupid follow up question, I have oil, does that make any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

Clareman wrote: »
    That looks spot on, thanks, stupid follow up question, I have oil, does that make any difference?

Nope , no difference at all

Advertisement