Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Water Pump

• 28-06-2012 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey Gang!

I just bought a new water pump from lidl and when I got home and assembled it it does not look like the picture on the box..it is missing the hose connections frown.gif. Should these two connections be there or do I have to find some elsewhere (or give it back..)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

RMacM1 wrote: »
    Hey Gang!

I just bought a new water pump from lidl and when I got home and assembled it it does not look like the picture on the box..it is missing the hose connections frown.gif. Should these two connections be there or do I have to find some elsewhere (or give it back..)?

Thanks!

If its this pump,then the black hose is seperate and costs around 7 euro extra.;)

DSCF6434.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RMacM1

Paddy,

That's the one! Thanks you. Where do I get that pipe? Also, do you know where I can get a connection to fit the outflow section so I can attach a standard garden hose?

Thanks again.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Paddy,

That's the one! Thanks you. Where do I get that pipe? Also, do you know where I can get a connection to fit the outflow section so I can attach a standard garden hose?

Its a 1 inch outdoor tap connection that you need.

You can get that in any garden centre or DIY store,for a few euro.

Lidl should also be selling the 6 meter long black suction pipe.

That suction pipe has a built in filter guard too,so that you dont suck up stones or crud and destroy the pumps internals.

You also need to "prime" that pump 1st before you turn it on.

Open the bleed screw and pour in a small amount of water,then turn the pump on with the suction house in the water.

If you dont prime it,then say goodbye to the pump motor and its internals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RMacM1

Perfect! Thanks for all the help!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭dungfly

I just bought one of these pumps also and was amazed that the outlet part wasn't included. After a stick search on line i noticed that lidl abroad sell the stop with an electronic control switch.
    http://www.lidl-service.com/cps/rde/SID-33B09C0A-A172CA81/lsp/hs.xsl/product.html?id=7446436&title=Waterpomp%20voor%20thuisgebruik

where can i get one? Could i just purchase any such switch? What does it do exactly and how does it work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

dungfly wrote: »
    where can i get one? Could i just purchase any such switch? What does it do exactly and how does it work?

The controller switches off the pump when there is no requirement for it to pump water.
    The controllers come in various different types, sizes and prices depending on your requirements.
    If you are based in Dublin contact FlowPumps on (01) 450 3673 they are in Dublin 12 and they will sort you out with anything you will need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭dungfly

K.Flyer wrote: »
    The controller switches off the pump when there is no requirement for it to pump water.
    The controllers come in various different types, sizes and prices depending on your requirements.
    If you are based in Dublin contact FlowPumps on (01) 450 3673 they are in Dublin 12 and they will sort you out with anything you will need for it.

What is the purpose of the controller switch? How does it work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

dungfly wrote: »
    What is the purpose of the controller switch? How does it work?
    K.Flyer wrote: »

There are usually pressure switch / flow switches inside the controller which breaks the electric supply, via a circuit board and relay assembly, to the pump motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Paddy,

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Paddy,

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,304 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

PM sent.
    MOD NOTE: Why are you PM'ing someone on a 6 year old thread?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement