Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tottenham v Manchester Utd

• 04-03-2012 3:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭

Possible lineups:

Friedel
    Walker
    Kaboul
    King
    BAE
    Lennon
    Sandro
    Modric
    Bale
    VDV

Adebayor

Welbeck

Rooney
    Young
    Giggs
    Carrick
    Nani
    Evra
    Ferdinand
    Evans
    Jones
    DDG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lennon has ripped Evra apart on a couple of occasions, worried about that. Rafael kept Bale quiet last season, I'd prefer him over Jones. Not feeling too confident about tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Chico should start this game, looking at those teams i would think Scholes would start before Giggs ? Smalling may 'cover' for Rio if Rio isn't passed as fit.
    Cleverley has been injured three times this season which is quite poor for a young player....He might start or come on laste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

I think I would rather Rafael over Jones and maybe have Jones in MF with Carrick.
    Apart from that I would be really happy with that team.
    I doubt we will see Smalling at all due to his injury Wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

d22ontour wrote: »
    Chico should start this game, looking at those teams i would think Scholes would start before Giggs ? Smalling may 'cover' for Rio if Rio isn't passed as fit.
    Cleverley has been injured three times this season which is quite poor for a young player....He might start or come on laste.

Chico was with Mexico midweek, i'd say it's more likely Welbeck will play. Personally I wouldn't start Scholes away to Tottenham. They'll come at us early on and play a high tempo, high aggressive game. We would be in real danger of getting over run starting with Scholes in a two man midfield imo. Giggs would cope better.

Don't think there's any doubts over Rio so he should play, Cleverley is ruled out (well according to Fergie)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

we folded like hot laundry last week. not looking forward to tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I can't believe I'm saying this, but.... I'm supporting United for the duration of this game. Going to have to have a shower now to try and clean myself after saying that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I can see Spurs gaining a lot of 90 minute fans for this thread after a particular result yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Valencia out is a massive blow, I'd back a draw If i had too

Oh yeah, just to say I'm not confident for this match at all.

I can honestly see Spurs beating us, or at best we get a draw which wouldn't be a bad result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

This match all depends on what frame of mind Spurs are in after the hiding last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Spurs to strengthen Manchester City's grip on the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I think Spurs will build on last weeks show and lose this one 6-2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Easy enough United win

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I don't think it'll be easy by any means,and Valencia is a huge loss, but I can see a United win. 1-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

My head will explode if we go in with 2 strikers here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

kmart6 wrote: »
    I can see Spurs gaining a lot of 90 minute fans for this thread after a particular result yesterday!

Like any game United play, there will be alot of 90mins fans for the opposition.

This could be a real cracker. I'm expecting alot of goals in this one. I hope the ref isn't the centre of attention, I'll go for an entertaining draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Awful abuse of copyright laws in Op .

Rafael must start IMO .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

I'd say 'Arry will have learnt his lesson last week and leave Saha on the bench at start with Adebayor as a lone striker and try to win the battle in midfield. I'd prefer us to go in with Carrick - Scholes - Giggs with 2 wide men and then Wayne leading the line. If we go in with Rooney + another then I fear for us, I really do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I'd say 'Arry will have learnt his lesson last week and leave Saha on the bench at start with Adebayor as a lone striker and try to win the battle in midfield. I'd prefer us to go in with Carrick - Scholes - Giggs with 2 wide men and then Wayne leading the line. If we go in with Rooney + another then I fear for us, I really do.

Yes but they are playing at home this week, I think he will play 2 up front

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd like to think the United guys won't come out with the same complatency they have in recent weeks against the smaller teams; I like to believe that United will come out all guns blazing and be up for the game because they know they have to be against a top 4 (at least currently) team...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Spurs need to turn up and at the very least give a showing of themselves today. While i'd say we can take any team on our day, i never expect much against Utd. Just never seems to go our way. I'd say it's be 4-4-1-1 with VDV and Ade up front. Missing Parker is a massive blow to us, and means Sandro needs to perform a hell of a lot better then last week.

I just hope ther ref doesn't ruin the game, one way or another.
    because they know they have to be against a top 4 (at least currently) team...

Nice cheap shot there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nervous about this game today,City have a nice little cushion now and a win is a must today.

I don't want to see any of the complacency that has been in recent games,the team can play a high tempo and few can cope with it,if we take the lead,United should press home the advantage and not sit back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tottenham to roll over yet again. One of the most comfortable 2-0 you are likely to see.

My head will explode if we go in with 2 strikers here.

Like we did in the wins against Manchester City away in the FA Cup, Arsenal away in the league and the draw away to Chelsea?

We've been fairly ****e or have lacked a real cutting edge anytime we've played 4-5-1 this season. We're at our best with Rooney in behind a striker being allowed to dictate the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kiith wrote: »

Nice cheap shot there :pac:

:pac:
    Sorry, didn't mean it as a cheap shot but I can see it could be taken as one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

probably not a hope for this to happen but anyone think he'll start berbatov today after welbeck playing 75 mins on wednesday and chico being in mexico ? also think he'll start park after young played the full 90 on wednesday aswell ?

chips1234 wrote: »
    probably not a hope for this to happen but anyone think he'll start berbatov today after welbeck playing 75 mins on wednesday and chico being in mexico ? also think he'll start park after young played the full 90 on wednesday aswell ?

There's a fair chance of Park starting on the right with Bale in mind, and maybe Nani on the left. I'd prefer to see Young and Nani though.

Not a hope of Berbatov starting imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Tottenham to roll over yet again. One of the most comfortable 2-0 you are likely to see.
    Yea,just like Liverpool rolled over at Old Trafford the other week.

Do you honestly believe what you're saying there or just trying to make yourself not feel so bad if we do win because "it's expected"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Blatter wrote: »
    There's a fair chance of Park starting on the right with Bale in mind, and maybe Nani on the left. I'd prefer to see Young and Nani though.

Not a hope of Berbatov starting imo.

was just throwing the berba thing out there, wasn't to happy that welbeck and young played for so long on Wednesday, especially welbeck considering he was up top on his own. hoping for a boring 1-0 win for utd today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Yea,just like Liverpool rolled over at Old Trafford the other week.

Do you honestly believe what you're saying there or just trying to make yourself not feel so bad if we do win because "it's expected"

Yip, this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

any news whether bale starts?

any news whether bale starts?

Bale is fit and will play from what I read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If United win this I think they'll win the league. Huge match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Kiith wrote: »
    I just hope ther ref doesn't ruin the game, one way or another.

It's Martin Atkinson, I can almost guarantee you he will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

If United win this I think they'll win the league. Huge match.

That won't be decided until they play City again if you ask me.

• Advertisement

No bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

That's 12 players lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

So it is 12. Oops.

#THFC : Friedel, Walker, King, Kaboul, Essou-Ekotto, Livermore, Sandro, Lennon, Modric, Saha, Adebayor #MUFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Aw you deleted it!

Id like it if we could play with 12

#MUFC : De Gea, Jones, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Nani, Rooney, Young, Welbeck #THFC

ahem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

was worried about this game but now United get to play with 12 happy days :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

De Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Young, Rooney, Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Giggs on bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Lol at everyone on twitter so desperate to retweet the Utd line up, they don't even count the players.

I gotta say, I think I would have started Raf and Giggs in this game for Jones and Scholes respectively.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I think Scholes from the start may be a big mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Like the look of that team.

Hopefully we get a early goal. Jones to get one as well.

Bales not even on the bench. Unreal.

kryogen wrote: »
    I gotta say, I think I would have started Raf and Giggs in this game for Jones and Scholes respectively.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I think Scholes from the start may be a big mistake

Yep that's my feeling too. Worried about Scholes starting in this one but it appears Sandro and Livermore are the CM pairing so it may not be too bad.

No problem with Jones at RB though, he's been pretty solid there the last couple of games. Better defensively although offers slightly less going forward than Rafael imo.

Lennon to tear Evra a new one again seems to be the main danger then really

Blatter wrote: »
    Yep that's my feeling too. Worried about Scholes starting in this one but it appears Sandro and Livermore are the CM pairing so it may not be too bad.

No problem with Jones at RB though, he's been pretty solid there the last couple of games. Better defensively although offers slightly less going forward than Rafael imo.

I was mainly considering Bale when saying this tbh, would have preferred to see Raf up against him, have no issue now Bale is definitely out though

Modric left wing ? He drift in central leaving a lot of space for Nani and Jones

• Advertisement
Advertisement