Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Oldskool Appreciation Party - O.A.P's thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

es-cee wrote: »
    Nice1 Paddy, was wondering why i hadn't seen you around in the last while. Feckers just shut ya down, did they?

Went to login a few weeks back and couldn't. Just said your account is closed? emailed Boards.ie and they said i enterd my password to close my account!? I emailed them again today so just waiting to see what happens next. weird?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Maysa07 wrote: »
    Went to login a few weeks back and couldn't. Just said your account is closed? emailed Boards.ie and they said i enterd my password to close my account!? I emailed them again today so just waiting to see what happens next. weird?

Deffo weird, unless someone hacked your account?
    Those Techno & House tracks sound good Paddy,
    Look forward to them mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

guess nobody has good rips of any of them types of tracks i posted.

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

lads any1 know the track at 17 mins after hold that sucker down thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdUz70qZ19g&lc=9edEzLjq5dY85pHXkTHvYLHepckg6P83X0o1CZiRFgM&feature=inbox

• Advertisement

Deffo weird, unless someone hacked your account?
    Those Techno & House tracks sound good Paddy,
    Look forward to them mate :)
    copeyhagen wrote: »
    guess nobody has good rips of any of them types of tracks i posted.

:(

i'll throw a few up on monday lads.

lads any1 know the track at 17 mins after hold that sucker down thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdUz70qZ19g&lc=9edEzLjq5dY85pHXkTHvYLHepckg6P83X0o1CZiRFgM&feature=inbox

Not sure what remix but the sample from -
    'Yosh - Its what up front that counts'

I heard there's some new Olympic footage about :D It will be on show next Saturday night on the big screen @ the Sound crowd gig,and no doubt it will make an appearance on Youtube at some point.

Anyone here going???

I heard there's some new Olympic footage about :D It will be on show next Saturday night on the big screen @ the Sound crowd gig,and no doubt it will make an appearance on Youtube at some point.

Anyone here going???

Still undecided Paddy, €25+ is a bit too expensive imo, especially when Jeff Mills was charging the same price, which i paid. But he's internationally renowned, and been active on the world dance scene for over 20 years now. The Sound Crowd haven't done anything of note, in nearly 18 years now, which is why i think the price is ludicrous tbh.

Still undecided Paddy, €25+ is a bit too expensive imo, especially when Jeff Mills was charging the same price, which i paid. But he's internationally renowned, and been active on the world dance scene for over 20 years now. The Sound Crowd haven't done anything of note, in nearly 18 years now, which is why i think the price is ludicrous tbh.

Yeah i suppose everyone will look at it from there own perspective. it will be like an Olympic reunion and some if the biggest names in Irish dance music will be there from produces,DJ's and journalists who use to wright about the scene 89/90. Sound crowd have been Ireland's most successful "export" and springer, and its just about sold out. i recon it will be a fun night with so many friends there. people i use to get off my face with when i was 17 back in the day:o
    I think everyone will agree at 25 euros it's a bit steep but for me personally, it wouldn't not put me off, to much of a fun night to be had.

• Advertisement

Yeah i suppose everyone will look at it from there on perspective. it will be like an Olympic reunion and some if the biggest names in Irish dance music will be there from produces,DJ's and journalists who use to wright about the scene 89/90. Sound crowd have been Ireland's most successful "export" and springer, and its just about sold out. i recon it will be a fun night with so many friends there. people i use to get off my face with when i was 17 back in the day:o
    I think everyone will agree at 25 euros it's a bit steep but for me personally, it wouldn't not put me off, to much of a fun night to be had.

Yeah, if i was one of the old Olympic faithful, like yourself i'd deffo go, but this gig holds no kind of nostalgic value for me. Think i might just leave my dancing shoes hanging, until Derrick May in the Pepper next month.

https://www.facebook.com/events/423816360988089/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

25 quid is scandalous given the recession and many people struggling id say it'll be a great night but not sure it'll sell out at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Hardcore you know the score :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Of FFS lads it's only €25

You'd swear they were asking for €125. If you can't afford don't go. Simples

jonnny68 wrote: »
    25 quid is scandalous given the recession and many people struggling id say it'll be a great night but not sure it'll sell out at that price.

They've kept tickets, for people paying at the door, so i've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭5wreck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Anybody know any good free youtube to mp3 convertors.

aceberg wrote: »
    Anybody know any good free youtube to mp3 convertors.

DVDVIDEOSOFT FREE YOUTUBE TO MP3 GOOGLE THAT :p

DVDVIDEOSOFT FREE YOUTUBE TO MP3 GOOGLE THAT :p

Yeah i used to use that but for some unknown reason it stopped working properly.Might try it again.

Yeah i used to use that but for some unknown reason it stopped working properly.Might try it again.

Need to keep it updated Ace

• Advertisement

They just released a brand new version on saturday evening, it wasent working for every1 because google had blocked the program, but now all is well the program is up and running:D

copeyhagen wrote: »
    well lads, lookin for 320 (ish) rips of some of my old vinyl, no decks anymore so no chance of ripping at the moment.

bizarre inc - playing with knives
    trancewave 1
    gemini 4 - jump
    artomesia - bits and pieces
    proud and mary - midi jump (mary version)
    ot quortet - hold that sucker down
    movin melodies - p.a.r.t.y

you get the idea :)

cheers lads

PM sent

Can i post tracks publicly?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

For anybody that wants to convert those old cassettes... :)

82549_1000x1000.jpg

link

Anybody know how to properly use Audacity.I want to do a click removal and hiss removal.

Anybody know how to properly use Audacity.I want to do a click removal and hiss removal.

Chers Sean but thats wrecking my head compared to Cool edit......lol

Chers Sean but thats wrecking my head compared to Cool edit......lol

Never used Cool Edit Ace, so haven't a clue about it. But i find Audacity to be a great tool, especially as it's free. I find it fairly straight forward, and easy to use, but each to their own i suppose.

Never used Cool Edit Ace, so haven't a clue about it. But i find Audacity to be a great tool, especially as it's free. I find it fairly straight forward, and easy to use, but each to their own i suppose.

Yeah maybe if i spend a little more time working out how to use it,it might come a little easier.There does'nt appear to be a hiss removal.And also it appears that with the click removal u have to do each click separatley.With cool edit u can highlight a section and remove the clicks from that section or the whole track if u wish.

• Advertisement

Yeah maybe if i spend a little more time working out how to use it,it might come a little easier.There does'nt appear to be a hiss removal.And also it appears that with the click removal u have to do each click separatley.With cool edit u can highlight a section and remove the clicks from that section or the whole track if u wish.

There is an noise/hiss remover, very 1st thing he does in the vid i upped for you to look at, is remove the noise from the record, works the same with hiss from a tape.

Advertisement