Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelands national angling show 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

yip.. havent been the last couple of yrs, but picked up a few bargains before at it.. headin this year to see what i can pick up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Hope to go this year, was there in 03 and 04, havnt been there since! need a new float rod and loads of little things. Meet matt hayes in 04, very nice guy, great to see he is there again! now, to make the shopping list!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Was there the last two years. Lots of normal priced stuff, some way over priced stuff and some very good bargains. It's a good idea to have an idea of what you want before you go and what you'd normally expect to pay for it. I'd also suggest taking a very good look around at all the stalls/shops before buying anything, there can be big price differences between them. Also, lots of the sellers seem willing to haggle a bit or throw in a few extra bits and pieces, but both years I was there after lunch time so they may have been more open coming to the end of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭TimMac

was anybody at this last year I found it very good

http://www.hooked.ie/Default.aspx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

thanks, yea i think ill start making my list:D and budget :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

It's well worth a trip this year guys, I've been working with the media company who organise this event and they have a lot of coarse fishing at it this year .

I'll be there on the www.Irelandscoarsefishing.com stand, were running raffles over the two days , we've a few feeder rod's, float rod's and reel's to give away that have been provided to us by our sponsor's.

Cathal Hughes will be there on the day giving a talk on rig's and setup for matchmen.

Both the NCFFI and the IADA will be there, to answer all of your questions.

I know I'm looking forward to asking about the new coarse nurseries

Swing by the show and say hi, you never know you might go away with a Shakespeare rod and reel ..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Spot on I have to make a shopping list & get me some bargians:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

What a great way to spend a miserable February afternoon. I'm really excited about this. Plus lots of flytyers. I think Charles Jardine and Glenda Powell are here again, i really have to get to mrs powells fishing lodges this year.
    Plus its my birthday on saturday. i'm so friggin excited about this. for golf and fishing Ireland is the greatest place in the world.
    i think it's a tenner in.
    the only thing that would make this better would be a working dog show and maybe a few rifles and shotguns.

Advertisement