Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aldi drill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Looks a good buy, 3yr warranty!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

It's an ok buy, lots of power, too much infact. These typically don't have a safety clutch so be careful how you use them. They will take you clean off a ladder.

I'd rather spend a bit more and get a cheap hitachi drill, much better too, much safer too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dubmom

Hope it's ok to tag on to this thread but looking for advice as to what type of drill to buy as a gift for my husband....

He needs hammer & drill function, for use in wood, metal and some masonry. It needs to be cordless and therefore I think two batteries?! After that I am lost!!! Any advice appreciated - thanks

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Dubmom wrote: »
    Hope it's ok to tag on to this thread but looking for advice as to what type of drill to buy as a gift for my husband....

He needs hammer & drill function, for use in wood, metal and some masonry. It needs to be cordless and therefore I think two batteries?! After that I am lost!!! Any advice appreciated - thanks

B&Q sometimes have a deal on a Dewalt for around €120 http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/power-tools/drills/hammer_drills/DeWALT-18v-Combi-Drill-and-2-batteries-10668127 it's a great drill and your hubby will be proud to put it to work and showoff the flash of yellow :) I think he will also appreciate the fact thats a brand name and not some green thing he's never heard of :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Cerco

fergal.b wrote: »
    B&Q sometimes have a deal on a Dewalt for around €120 http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/power-tools/drills/hammer_drills/DeWALT-18v-Combi-Drill-and-2-batteries-10668127 it's a great drill and your hubby will be proud to put it to work and showoff the flash of yellow :) I think he will also appreciate the fact thats a brand name and not some green thing he's never heard of :D

The products are not comparable. It is like comparing a lorry with a car. The Aldi drill is a rotary drill with hammer/chisel sds features the DeWalt is a drill/driver.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Cerco wrote: »
    The products are not comparable. It is like comparing a lorry with a car. The Aldi drill is a rotary drill with hammer/chisel sds features the DeWalt is a drill/driver.

I wasn't comparing the drills :confused: I was just answering the post I quoted and think the DeWalt would suit her/his needs as it works for me :)

I wasn't comparing the drills :confused: I was just answering the post I quoted and think the DeWalt would suit her/his needs as it works for me :)

Ooops...sorry my mistake. Apologies I am watching VB while reading posts,

Ooops...sorry my mistake. Apologies I am watching VB while reading posts. I have a DeWalt too and can recommend it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

It's a beast. Bought the equivalent aldi offering a few yrs back. Heavy, but eats concrete. As DD rightly points out, be careful. I wouldn't be using it at a one handed stretch, for sure. But for 2 handed ground level work, it's a definite bargain.

Advertisement