Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to remove paint from pvc

• 28-09-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

When i was painting my house I was using a roller and i have specs of weather shield paint on my black pvc window and door frames. has anyone got any ideas on to remove it ? The pvc is grained so a blade is no good to remove it ?
    Please help !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭hipdoobloon

Hi All,

When i was painting my house I was using a roller and i have specs of weather shield paint on my black pvc window and door frames. has anyone got any ideas on to remove it ? The pvc is grained so a blade is no good to remove it ?
    Please help !!
    You don't really have 2 many options tbh but I'd recommend Luke warm/ Hotish soapy water and don't use any strong chemicals , bleach, nitromors paint remover or Brillo pads , scouring pads etc on the black PVC foil as it ( WILL ) damage same . Using a bohemiem or stanley blade will also damage the foil as its just a 2mm thick trim glued on a white pvc background Unfortunately the washing solution is going 2 be very slow and tedious but probably you're best and safest bet .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Hale

theres a product availible maybe google it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭hipdoobloon

Hale wrote: »
    theres a product availible maybe google it

Yep the is a product for cleaning PVC in a cream and also wipes form but neither are going be any good 4 removing exterior weathershield emulsion from a composite door and windows and forget 2 say earlier the longer you leave the paint on the surfaces the tougher it going 2 be 2 remove it especially if it was dulux advanced weather shield or colourtrend you were using as there both acrylic based .

did anyone use oops for removing paint ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

I have successfuly used Holtz tar and spot remover before to get emulsion spots from a neighbours negligant paint spray job off the panels of my motorbike. Just put on a cloth and put lightly to loosten the paint and continue rubbing with hot water and an old toothbrush.

thanks papa bear

Advertisement