Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Take The Life Expectancy Test!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

84, but they dont factor in being run over, murdered etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

Need to sign up with an email address? No thanks

Does nobody else have a dummy email address for this kind of thing?

75 for me. Better than I expected, considering I'm overweight, take little exercise and eat way more junk than I ought to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Graces7 wrote: »
    84, but they dont factor in being run over, murdered etc.

Really? My test asked me about enemies,frenemies and J-walking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

91 ........... and even if I take the precautions at the end - still 91 (though I feel like a zombie some mornings if I've over indulged the night before).
    Is this how insurance companies do their numbers?

Does nobody else have a dummy email address for this kind of thing?

75 for me. Better than I expected, considering I'm overweight, take little exercise and eat way more junk than I ought to.

You can use my proxy - yougottabejoking@dickhead.com :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

I did that quiz before and if I remember rightly, part of the advice was to take aspirin regularly. Not to kill pain or anything, just taking it regularly is apparently beneficial for health. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I did that quiz before and if I remember rightly, part of the advice was to take aspirin regularly. Not to kill pain or anything, just taking it regularly is apparently beneficial for health. :confused:

Yep, one a day was the first bit of feedback given to me...

Big C wrote: »
    just put in bigass@fatclub.com
    Bad idea putting up your eMail address ....... you'll be spammed out of it PLUS a host of Nigerian men wanting to give you wonga. Do not accept money from strange men - my Mum always told me.

shampoo and conditioners apply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So i did the test. It has loads of questions but then asks for an email... no thanks.

It's just a cleaver way to get email address and basic profile data.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Need to sign up with an email address? No thanks

everythingsenttothisemailaddressgetsreportedasspam@gmail.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

MagicIRL wrote: »

I've just gone again. This time; 87.

Some suggestions to add years:

Examining yourself for cancer could add a year to your life expectancy
    - By this thinking, purely by checking for a disease I may never get could make me live longer. :rolleyes:

Getting your blood pressure checked annually could add a year and a half to your life expectancy
    - The same with this one- Even if I didn't get my blood pressure checked, there could be nothing wrong with it. That's 2.5 years they've stolen from me!

Increasing your exercise regimen to 5 days a week could add 1 year, to 6 or 7 days a week could add 2 years to your life expectancy
    - The quiz said 30mins of exercise, but I'm also doing longer sessions which would surely equate to doing 6/7 days @ 30mins if those extra 30mins per day are crammed in to the other 4 days?

TL;DR - I'll live forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I got 31. I used the wife's details and she got 31, too!

P.S. Before anyone asks, 31 years is how long I can expect to live for. From now. Doesn't look so big when you subtract your present age from it.

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Yep, one a day was the first bit of feedback given to me...

Had a heart attack about 7 years ago so am on 81mgs daily.
    Now, there are things to be taken into consideration
    Had a perforated ulcer last year. The Gastroenterologist told me that the Cardiologists keep them in work. I know it was tongue in cheek but there is some truth in it. Some people that have been on aspirin for decades and no problems but (like me) some people succumb to ulceration etc. I still take the baby aspirin but with another pill an hour before just to counteract the corrosive effect of said junior.
    Everyone that has had a heart attack here carries a little NITRO (nitroglycerin) with them at all times. No, not to make bombs but to make the blood flow easier in the event of an attack. One put under the tongue does the trick - seemingly.

But doctors differ and patients die - the old advice seems to have been skewed. I think I'll believe The Indo for now and put on a fry! :Dhttp://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/health/will-your-five-a-day-keep-the-doctors-at-bay-or-should-you-eat-red-meat-30182141.html

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I've just gone again. This time; 87.

Some suggestions to add years:

Examining yourself for cancer could add a year to your life expectancy
    - By this thinking, purely by checking for a disease I may never get could make me live longer. :rolleyes:

Getting your blood pressure checked annually could add a year and a half to your life expectancy
    - The same with this one- Even if I didn't get my blood pressure checked, there could be nothing wrong with it. That's 2.5 years they've stolen from me!

Increasing your exercise regimen to 5 days a week could add 1 year, to 6 or 7 days a week could add 2 years to your life expectancy
    - The quiz said 30mins of exercise, but I'm also doing longer sessions which would surely equate to doing 6/7 days @ 30mins if those extra 30mins per day are crammed in to the other 4 days?

TL;DR - I'll live forever.

I know what you mean MagicIRL ......... but the answer to these questions will allow them to make educated guesses about how you look after yourself and your knowledge of self well being. People of that ilk can catch things before they progress too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

91!

I am shocked. I eat well and exercise regularly but I drink and smoke a fair bit.
    Feck. Better start considering a pension. Or put more effort into my drinking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    I know what you mean MagicIRL ......... but the answer to these questions will allow them to make educated guesses about how you look after yourself and your knowledge of self well being. People of that ilk can catch things before they progress too far.

The premis of these questions is that I'm already sick with whatever illness is associated with each test because the results have already subtracted those years from my final score.

In reality, my score should read 91.5 years, with the possability of losing 4.5 years due to x, y and z.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    Had a heart attack about 7 years ago so am on 81mgs daily.
    Now, there are things to be taken into consideration
    Had a perforated ulcer last year. The Gastroenterologist told me that the Cardiologists keep them in work. I know it was tongue in cheek but there is some truth in it. Some people that have been on aspirin for decades and no problems but (like me) some people succumb to ulceration etc. I still take the baby aspirin but with another pill an hour before just to counteract the corrosive effect of said junior.
    Everyone that has had a heart attack here carries a little NITRO (nitroglycerin) with them at all times. No, not to make bombs but to make the blood flow easier in the event of an attack. One put under the tongue does the trick - seemingly.

But doctors differ and patients die - the old advice seems to have been skewed. I think I'll believe The Indo for now and put on a fry! :Dhttp://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/health/will-your-five-a-day-keep-the-doctors-at-bay-or-should-you-eat-red-meat-30182141.html

Yep, I was told that at a course. It helps thin the blood to stop it clotting and as you said, flow easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

92, hmmmm probably should start a pension although knowing my luck by the time i'm 92 the retirement age will be 93.

I'll feel like Yossarian having required flights raised over and over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

89- not bad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

I'm keanu reeves, I don't age, the only thing that grows in me is awesomeness :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

For those worried about emails etc

If your email is say something like littleoldme@gmail.com

enter the first part of your email address so littleoldme then add a + and something like IQ spam before the @gmail bit

so you have littleoldme+iqspam@gmail.com (i think littleoldme.iqspam@gmail.com also works)

you will still get the email but you can add a filter for emails sent to the above email address so they are moved/deleted

Very handy for when you have to activate a link or something but don't want truckloads of spam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

73 according to the death clock.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

I'M diabetic and i will still be alive and kicking at 96 :D sweet :cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

So is anyone lower than 68...???

Are ya's lying or am i fat cancer ridden slob?

I always use the likes of thisisntreal@gmail.com icantbelieveyouthinkthisisreal@gmail.com fakeaddressisfake@gmail.com whenever I sign up to these things. Love the fact that there is still a passing chance that some poor bastard is being inundated with spam mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Pocoyo wrote: »

71. Close.

**** it anyway, at least i have never said no to anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

94 - I'm happy with that. Hopefully I'll live to see hoverboards invented.

inforfun wrote: »
    71. Close.

**** it anyway, at least i have never said no to anything

Yeah sure feck it,As a result of this test im going to double the amount of tobacco i smoke. ;)

petes wrote: »

Dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Shít, seemingly I've already past my expectancy age by three years. I knew that little mopey "I see dead people" bastárd was up to no good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

97. I hope I'm long gone before then!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

82 and I told the truth about my drinking and smoking. Rock on with your badself.
    And my names jane82. Woah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Crumpets

96 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

80. Grand. Sure things only go down hill from there. It says I can add 5 years to my life if I exercise 7 days a week. **** that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Pocoyo wrote: »

I got 64 - so 27 years and I'm off.
    I smoke a lot
    Drink a lot
    Eat red meat too often
    Eat junk food
    Dont excercise
    High blood pressure
    High cholesterol
    Work long hours
    Suffer from stress
    Heart and cancer problems in the family

I am chuffed with 64!:D:D Although my 6 year old niece could have told me that.

I also wouldnt fancy hitting 90, dont have the pension for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Andy_Dublin

90 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

when u get to 70's ur fav party song will be
    "if ur happy in ur nappy
    clap ur hands (if u can)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

87 Probably not a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

3 years ago for me :(

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

98 years, score!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

86 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Big C wrote: »
    when u get to 70's ur fav party song will be
    "if ur happy in ur nappy
    clap ur hands (if u can)"

Maybe being old in the future won't be so bad?

With all the technological & medical advancements that is. For the first time we'll have 90 year old coders & internet users. I'm excited!

Plazaman wrote: »
    Shít, seemingly I've already past my expectancy age by three years. I knew that little mopey "I see dead people" bastárd was up to no good.

C'mon! Ou wih ih! What did they say?

80. Grand. Sure things only go down hill from there. It says I can add 5 years to my life if I exercise 7 days a week. **** that.

And the Fair Dulcinea?

• Advertisement
Advertisement