Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a way to delete directories under a certain size

Options
  • 16-04-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

So I've got this massive library of music and I'm playing it though MediaMonkey. My files are sorted like this:
    Z:\Music\1 Giant Leap\1 Giant Leap
    Z:\Music\1 Giant Leap\What About Me

(separate albums under artist)

But in lots of cases I have multiple folders with album names but the tracks have been deleted from inside MediaMonkey and all that remains are .jpg album art files.
    Z:\Music\1 Giant Leap\1 Giant Leap {97.3Mb}
    Z:\Music\1 Giant Leap\1.Giant.Leap(2001) {15.9Kb}
    Z:\Music\1 Giant Leap\What About Me {246Mb}

So I'm looking for a way to delete all the folders in my Z:\Music\ directory that contain less than say 20Kb.
    I've tried FolderSizes but that's not quite what I'm looking for because it only sorts folders in the immediate directory and I would have to go into each Artist individually which isn't really viable for a collections of close to 3000 artists..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Did you try going into your music folder and arranging by size? Then start checking the smallest folders?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭jimjamcoolio

Yeah that works for the base folder to delete it's immediate ones but the problem is with the almost empty folders inside all the subdirectories.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Are you using Windows? Can you not just search the main music folder for *? This should list everything in the directory.

Then change the view to Details, sort by Type then Size. You can then scroll down to all the directories which will be clustered and sorted by their size.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Gamayun wrote: »
    Are you using Windows? Can you not just search the main music folder for *? This should list everything in the directory.

Then change the view to Details, sort by Type then Size. You can then scroll down to all the directories which will be clustered and sorted by their size.

+1 easiest way to Do what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Gamayun wrote: »

+1 easiest way to Do what you want.

• Advertisement

Advertisement