Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Lights in Iceland

Options
  • 17-01-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Guys,

My first time on Boards.ie so hopefully someone out there can help. I am looking to book a trip to see the Northern Lights as a surprise gift for someone, only trouble is everything seems either outrageously expensive or else they only fly from England. Can anyone advice me of good offers/package deals? :confused:

Looking to travel in Late Oct - Late Nov.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MRG77

I went to Iceland in early December 2012 and what I did was fly from Glasgow with Icelandair. I bought a return ticket with Aer Lingus to get me from Dublin to Glasgow and back. Because I had two seperate tickets with 2 different airlines if 1 flight being delayed meant I missed the second 1 then that was my problem. It was a risk but I felt it was worth it and luckily it worked out for me. Icelandair also fly from Manchester, Heathrow and Gatwick. Easyjet also fly from Luton and Manchester I think. Sometimes there are charter packages from Dublin direct, but these can be expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I did it in may.

Dublin to manchester 22 euro each one way
    Premier Inn Manchester airport about 50 euro.
    7am Easyjet manchester return to iceland cannot remember price but was good.
    Aerlingus manchester dublin 40 euro each.

Stayed in Radisson Blu Rekyavik, got cheap on trivago.com.

Review on tripadvisor, with photos. "Superscouse"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭lovelystuff

http://mobile.graboneescapes.ie/world/wallace-travel-group?utm_source=tradedoubler&utm_medium=campaign&utm_campaign=dublin

I know its for the wrong time of year for you,but might be worth keeping an eye on the above website for deals :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I did it in may.

Dublin to manchester 22 euro each one way
    Premier Inn Manchester airport about 50 euro.
    7am Easyjet manchester return to iceland cannot remember price but was good.
    Aerlingus manchester dublin 40 euro each.

Stayed in Radisson Blu Rekyavik, got cheap on trivago.com.

Review on tripadvisor, with photos. "Superscouse"

Link is always helpful....

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/members-citypage/superscouse/g189970

But supserscouse, the OP is asking about the Northern Lights, you surely couldn't see them in May in Iceland??

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Minidee07

Thanks for all the feedback! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Trina135

Wallace Travel do direct flights from Dublin..
    http://wallacetravelgroup.com/holiday-travel/iceland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

We went in October and flew Ryanair to Edinburgh in the morning, had the day in Edinburgh then flew to Reykjavik that night with easyjet. On the return journey we left Iceland late in the evening so stayed in the Edinburgh airport travel lodge for £25.

The flights worked out about €50 return to Edinburgh and €100 return to Reykjavik with a checked bag on all legs.

The flights worked out really cheap, unfortunately that was the only cheap aspect of our trip to Iceland :) Everything is very expensive over there but a fantastic experience

Advertisement