Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Santa Strike Force 10th Anniversary! Please donate here, over 16k raised!

• 04-12-2013 2:51pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its 10 years, can you believe it? 10 years we've been doing this and its been an absolute honour to see the effect your money has up close and personal.

Lets make year 10 a great one. :)

So I'm asking you to do one of several things (or all of them!)

1. Donate. Money talks in this world I'm afraid and I need a little bit of yours. Have one less Jack and Coke this weekend and let us show you what we can do with that cash :) If you donate a fiver or more you can win some AWESOME stuff too (see below!). Pledge on this thread and donate through Paypal and remember to add your username or email in the details to be in the draw!
    [SSF]Here[/SSF]

or you can transfer cash to:
    Tom Murphy
    Bank Of Ireland, St Stephens Green
    Sort Code: 900084
    Account Number: 65748028

2. Promote. Not everyone can donate but if you are reading this, you have an internet connection and we need that. Please please promote the SSF through your social media channels. You can direct people here. Or to www.santastrikeforce.com

Also use the [.SSF]whatevs[./SSF] code (without the fullstops) in your sig, or anywhere on Boards to insert the logo&link in a post or sig.

3. Assist If you know of a kids charity with a permanent location who could use some Quality of Life materials or have a project they would love funding for... come talk to me and we can see if we can make it happen.
    I need help this year, are you up for it?

4. Purchase The photobook is out and its better than ever. You can preview it here: http://share1.sendtoprint.net/bshare.php?hashid=eeef9887fe9e68df0d81
    If you choose to buy it use the code: BOARDS44K3
    Its less than €32 (which is a total steal!) and 5 of that goes to SSF.
    Its a large sized, hardback, full colour photobook with photos from many of the top photographers in Ireland. And me. :)

PRIZES
    This year Electric Ireland offered to buy a prize for us. We promised to make it something "electric" and that lead us to thinking about a shock or something shocking!
    We contacted the beautiful Ross Castle Ross Castle and they gave us a special price on renting the castle completely.

Including its ghost. :)

Now, I've actually been there before and I have to tell you that while I am a true sceptic... its a pretty spooky place!

We'll draw winners from the people who donate and they will spend a night with some of the AH mods and me, while we do dares specified by the forum. :)

There will be other prizes too (Steam games, Boards Subscriptions etc). We dont know the whole list of prizes yet because its growing all the time.

So please, you know what we can do with this money. No one gets paid from your cash. No one takes a wage (let alone any "top ups"!). Every penny goes up on the walls. Donate today and feel good about yourself all year, trust me on that one :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Start the ball rolling with a 20 quid pledge for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I'll sponsor when I get home.

Think I posted this last yr, after my cousin's kid was diagnosed with leukamia 4 days before Xmas. She's still in treatment, but doing really well. Knowing some of the SSF funds were spent in Crumlin meant a huge deal to me last yr, as I'd donated before I even knew she was ill.

I'd like to suggest Crumlin again this yr, but specifically suggest something for older kids. My cousin's daughter is 12 (so normal adolescent hormones+cancer+sheer exhaustion have been a hoot for all involved), and the majority of facilities in Crumlin are designed for younger kids. It would be amazing if there was some sort of project SSF could look at that'd be suitable for adolescents/young teens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

€5 gone, not much but fairly broke at the moment :-(

vicwatson wrote: »

Just like the Dunnes motto, "every little helps" ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

vicwatson wrote: »
    If we got a fiver from everyone, it would destroy all previous collections :)

Thanks, a fiver goes a long way believe me... it really does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

danniemcq wrote: »
    Just like the Dunnes motto, "every little helps" ;)

Tesco :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭blackwhite

€35 donated to the cause - but forgot to add my username/email to the payment :o

Paypal reference ending in XXXXXXXXXX2999153 if that's any use

there is €40 :)

You have my email through paypal which helps give away my username, but it's transaction ending in
    4002 anyway
    I will spread the word a bit!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

€20 donated, receipt number ending in 9798. Great to see where the money went to last year, hope to see the same next year :).

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

€20 Donated :)
    Transaction ID XXXXXXXXXXXX4243

Will do what I can to spread the word as well.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

€20 in the pot, txn no. ends in 1780X :)

Looking forward to seeing if we can beat last year's amazing efforts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Just threw 20 in the pot, was thinking this should be coming up around now alright. tx. no. 7Uxxxxxxxxx32511F. Credit to all who put in the effort organizing and getting involved in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

€20 gone in from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

€20 donated via paypal Transaction ending in 6603S

Good luck to all involved in organising this years SSF :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Red_Dwarf

I will donate when I get home

FYI there is a 404 error with the link

http://www.ross-castle.com/en/ because you left the () in the hyperlink:)

Just wondering Dev is the bank the same as last year? If so it cuts down the hassle of creating a new transfer set up, (TSB have it anyway)

and edit just for the record and all transfer ends in 4334

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yep same bank as last time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Jarrod

I posted this last year
    I'm genuinely disappointed that I'm not currently in a position to donate anything to what is a great cause. Hopefully before the month is out I'll be able to throw in a few quid. Reading this thread has made me ridiculously happy over the last few days. So I just wanted to say a massive congratulations to all the mods and everyone who's donated and hopefully before the month is out I might be in better fettle and send a few bob your way.

Unfortunately, my finances are in a worse state now than they were then, tough year and all that, but I reckon I can manage a tenner. Fair play to everyone involved and keep up the good work.

EDIT: €10 donated, transfer ends 6445.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Had €17 lying about in the Paypal account so sent it on your way...

Your transaction ID for this payment is: [ends with] 533P

Should the rugby betting gods smile on me over the next few weeks I'll hopefully be in a position to send a bit more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

€5 donated, not a lot I know, but I suppose every little helps ;)

Transaction ending in 024Y

Edit: Oops forgot to add my username, ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Donated €50 there! Left my username in the comments :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

10th Anniversary? Huh? When's the Quake II LAN party fundraiser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just threw in €20
    Transfer ends in 4000

I think thats the right number anyway O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Pressed the wrong button first time around so two transactions.:o

€20 (2FFxxxxxxxxxx7243) and €30 (6NRxxxxxxxxxx080R).

I don't want entered in the draw inanyways so I'm not trying to cheat, honest.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Tree-fiddy transferred.

Edit: Transaction ID ends in: 254M, in case you need those.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭alph

25 euro in the pot

transaction number ends with 3204M

Hope you beat last years total :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

You guys do some amazing work! I AM proud of you all :) xx

The last on my 50euros donation is "G290261J"

I'm up to my neck in medical bills due to a fracture in my lower spine but I am walking and talking and feeling better by the week and since I am in a position to work (& still getting a full working week in wages in mid-December) I'd like to donate the above with a Smile :)

Love,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I;ve had about 50 euro in my paypal account that's been there for I don;t know how long. On the way.

EDIT - I f Ican work out what the passord is and what email address it uses....

EDIT 2 - I can only send money to an email addres...?? (sry, long time, no paypal - someone advise)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Moving into an unfurnished apartment next weekend, following that is bed and table shopping.. so I'm afraid my bank account is in an awful state at the moment!

I love the Strike force as we can actually see the money is being put to use where it's needed. Well done to everyone involved! Much love!

€10 donated, will see what the balance looks like after and maybe throw another few bob your way.

XXXXXXXXXXX644J

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

See this thread pop up every year and never give.. so its about time i did.. Another €10 in the pot! TranID(#xxxxxxxxxxxx3024W)
    Fair play to everyone involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Was halfway through a transfer then realised I didn't have my card reader with me :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

€50 from banjo string. :)

Your receipt number for this payment is: 1317-9322-9448-4522.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Will there be a way to donate Steam keys to the prize fund? They won't last long out here in the wild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

kowloon wrote: »
    Will there be a way to donate Steam keys to the prize fund? They won't last long out here in the wild.

I suppose PM DeVore the keys and he can throw them out to the winners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

First time I've donated sorry its only a fiver as a start, hopefully more after next payday and credit card bill paid off. Good luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Tenner donated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Can someone* PM me an email address I can send to? Paypal will not ship to anything else, it appears...

*Someone offical at boards.ie :) ya chancers

EDIT - Sorted, thanks deV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I suppose PM DeVore the keys and he can throw them out to the winners

I'll hold off until he checks in on the thread, don't want to hound him with PMs as I expect he gets quite a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

€25 donated. A worthy cause and best of luck to everyone involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Got some money left over from my student budget for this term.

€25 for now. If I have any more left after my last weekly shop I'll donate it too.

• Advertisement

How long should PayPal take to take money from my account? I only set the PP account up yesterday to make the transfer and there doesn't seem to be any change to my bank a/c yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Well done to all the boardsies, It's a great idea as you can see directly where your donations are going,happy Christmas to you all.

You sent a payment of €300.00 EUR to Santa Strike Force.
    06-Dec-2013 12:33:05 GMT
    Receipt No:2207-.............

This charge will appear on your credit card statement as payment to
    Santa Strike Force

€300.00 EURO :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Ficheall wrote: »
    How long should PayPal take to take money from my account? I only set the PP account up yesterday to make the transfer and there doesn't seem to be any change to my bank a/c yet...

Couple of days I would imagine, has your account been confirmed/verified?

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Couple of days I would imagine, has your account been confirmed/verified?
    Well, I got the email from paypal saying the payment has been sent. So I suppose that'll have to do, and that the cash should be gone from the bank a/c soon. I just thought it would be fairly instantaneous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

realies wrote: »
    Well done to all the boardsies, It's a great idea as you can see directly where your donations are going,happy Christmas to you all.

You sent a payment of €300.00 EUR to Santa Strike Force.
    06-Dec-2013 12:33:05 GMT
    Receipt No:2207-.............

This charge will appear on your credit card statement as payment to
    Santa Strike Force

€300.00 EURO :)

Jesus. Fair play Realies ! €300. That's a good weeks wages to some. Fair play dude. :)

1900 in 48 hours. Wow!!!

DeVore wrote: »
    1900 in 48 hours. Wow!!!

Tricked. Tricked so I was.

So... I know this might be a little late to ask.. but who's getting naked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Prodgey

Just a suggestion, next year you could try getting to be the partner of Christmas FM.
    Fair play to ye.

€40 donated, transaction reference ends in *****************694M
    Cheers

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,534 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll put in €10 for each poster that pledges a donation in this thread during the course of today (ie up to midnight tonight)

• Advertisement
Advertisement