Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Website Design Program

Options
  • 19-09-2011 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent web design programme preferably one that wont cost a huge amount such as Adobe Dreamweaver.

Are any of the free downloadable ones any good at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Notepad++

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

These days, it's probably better to use Wordpress.com and set up themes.
    It's not traditional software as it's webbased but may well do what you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

learn html
    and use edit plus its free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Ok just had a look at a html manual and seems pretty straight forward provided i can sit down and wrap my head around it, so once thats done should i learn css or would html be ok with edit plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Definitely get comfortable with html and then css.

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote: »
    Definitely get comfortable with html and then css.

Thanks for that, just having a look at html now so will try get my head around that and then I will take a look at css.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

donalg1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, just having a look at html now so will try get my head around that and then I will take a look at css.

Here is a really good start on HTML. It covers other areas such as CSS too but familiarise yourself with the HTML first.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrPicante

Wordpress then offers great plug-ins - I think its a great cms - good luck

Been looking at the online tutorials on HTML and been messing with notepad++ am picking up the basics and becoming addicted to it!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

donalg1 wrote: »
    Ok just had a look at a html manual and seems pretty straight forward provided i can sit down and wrap my head around it, so once thats done should i learn css or would html be ok with edit plus.

HTML on it's own can give you a nice single page without any CSS
    CSS comes into it's own with mulitable pages but can be learned later.
    So yes starting out HTML and edit plus is fine. You can also toggle between your code and webpage so it's very useful to see your progress.
    Later when your more familar you can use CSS with edit plus too...

Of course if you like notepad++ that's fine too what ever you feel most comfortable with :)
    The real trick is learning HTML
    Enjoy

• Advertisement
Advertisement