Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Persona 4: The Golden.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Kinda disappointed there's no female mc option. We'll see when more feature's get announced but right now I can't see myself buying Persona 4 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

The unannounced feature is meant to be something that fans have been asking for. That means it's more than likely a FeMC option or new content like P3:FES.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Kanji bromance I suspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Pidgeton

I agree with megaten, the lack of a female MC option is disappointing. Unless a drastically new feature is announced I probably won't bother getting this version. It's good to see the Vita has some good games lined up though.

In fairness I only want a female mc option so I can romance Kanji.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

This is exactly what I was hoping for!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,501 ✭✭✭✭noodler

animaX wrote: »
    This is exactly what I was hoping for!!

Doesn't seem necessary for the Vita?

I mean surely this could have been done on the PSP.

EDIT: Just saw it has an online feature or two and additional vociework....but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

noodler wrote: »

EDIT: Just saw it has an online feature or two and additional vociework....but still...

They didn't like what they had to do for Persona 3 Portable with the map, I didn't either, so weren't keen on the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,501 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Naphiel wrote: »
    They didn't like what they had to do for Persona 3 Portable with the map, I didn't either, so weren't keen on the idea.

Have to say its a poor justification for a game which is essentially going to be a PS2 remake at full whack.

Anyway, theres no way I could play through a Persona game a second time so mehs.

So many times I have though about buying P3P but then remember I didn't quite finish the original.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »

It'll be a launch title or close enough to a launch title. It'll be nice to have something at least worth playing until the software line up picks up. Also a lot of people missed out on the persona games because they sold their PS2's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 PowerTaxi

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/02/persona-4-golden-for-vita-arrives-in-north-america-this-autumn/

Going by videogameplus, the US release date may be the 23rd of October.

I have to preorder this and Arena at some point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

New gameplay elements. Nothing earth shattering but the graphics do look a little sharper. Aestethically it was a gorgeaous game anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

I wanted a FemC too. You dropped the ball, Atlus!

Instead we get a badly dressed character who'll most likely have no relevance to the plot as such voiced by HanaKana. Joy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've said it elsewhere, but despite it being my favourite game ever, I think I'm suffering from a Persona 4 overdose. After the game and the somewhat pointless anime (even if I did still enjoy it) I've had enough of the main plot. The small additions in Golden don't really appeal to me.

Atlus: Persona 5 please.

(although I will pick up Arena, being the fanboy that I am)

Never got to play it on ps2, so really looking forward to it on vita.

How come there's been such a gap been 4 and (eventual) 5? Seems strange given that it's such a popular series. Has it even been confirmed in development?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,844 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How come there's been such a gap been 4 and (eventual) 5? Seems strange given that it's such a popular series. Has it even been confirmed in development?

Well there was a massive gap between Persona 2 and Persona 3. P4 was only made so quickly because of the surprise success of P3 and used the same engine. Atlus R&D 1 have also been very busy with Catherine, Devil Survivor, Strange Journey and now SMT 4 has been announced. I'd say they'll ride the P4 wave as far as they can before releasing anything on P5.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So the US release for this is soon. I need guidance. PS Vita. Worth the buy? Have an interest in a number of titles but have been reluctant. I had a great history with the PSP primarily because of the huge number of JRPGs on it. PS Vita looks like it might not be heading a similar way... yet.

Anywho I loved Persona 4. The thoughts of playing it on the go on PS Vita pleases me. So... to buy or not to buy...

So the US release for this is soon. I need guidance. PS Vita. Worth the buy? Have an interest in a number of titles but have been reluctant. I had a great history with the PSP primarily because of the huge number of JRPGs on it. PS Vita looks like it might not be heading a similar way... yet.

Anywho I loved Persona 4. The thoughts of playing it on the go on PS Vita pleases me. So... to buy or not to buy...

I was also a big fan of psp (j)rpgs and bought a vita on day one.

There isn't much there on the rpg front to be honest. Definitely looking forward to persona 4 though, never played it on ps2.

Gravity Rush is a must have game, best game on the system as of now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I was also a big fan of psp (j)rpgs and bought a vita on day one.

There isn't much there on the rpg front to be honest. Definitely looking forward to persona 4 though, never played it on ps2.

Gravity Rush is a must have game, best game on the system as of now.

You're really going to love P4 Golden so long as they don't mess it up. I have every faith in them though. Is there any decent JRPGs currently on the Vita?

You're really going to love P4 Golden so long as they don't mess it up. I have every faith in them though. Is there any decent JRPGs currently on the Vita?

Disgaea 3 is available. I was a fan of the first disgaea but never played any others. There's a little bit too much to do in those games for my liking!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

I haven't been too impressed by screens for this. It's definitely got more detail than the PS2 version but at the cost of some pretty ugly jaggies. I kind of prefer the smoothed over blurry look of the PS2 game.

I guess the extra content might make it worth a look though. I'm half-hoping for a Peacewalker type situation where it gets a console port. Don't like handhelds, too crampy.

snausages wrote: »
    I haven't been too impressed by screens for this. It's definitely got more detail than the PS2 version but at the cost of some pretty ugly jaggies. I kind of prefer the smoothed over blurry look of the PS2 game.

I guess the extra content might make it worth a look though. I'm half-hoping for a Peacewalker type situation where it gets a console port. Don't like handhelds, too crampy.

You can't just a vita game from screenshots. Seriously, they don't do it any justice. Same with 3ds games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

You can't just a vita game from screenshots. Seriously, they don't do it any justice. Same with 3ds games

I'll post shots to show what I mean

DWCz5.jpg
    vVSmr.jpg

The VITA version is definitely more detailed but I'm really not sure if that's an improvement in this case. It looks a bit too sharp and without the fog the geometry doesn't look as good. The PS2 version had a good way of hiding its graphical inadequacies but in the VITA version you can see them in all their glory. I don't think seeing it in motion will make a difference given how slow moving the game is.

By the looks of things theres a new party member which should also mean a new dungeon. Also looks to be new jobs/areas.

Have all the changes been confirmed anywhere? Couldn't find anything myself.

Shame I only finished the PS2 version recently (within the last year) as this is looking like it might be the definitive version of the game.

snausages wrote: »
    I'll post shots to show what I mean

Actually yeah, I see what you mean. PS2 has a vaseline-covered look. Given I didn't play the ps2 version I think I'll forgive it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone importing?

Anyone importing?

Gonna buy it (in america at the moment). It's region free right? (excluding DLC)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Brendan Mason

From that single screenshot I definitely prefer the aesthetic of the original. The character models look better in Golden, but the crisp backgrounds rob the scene of a lot of character. I miss the electricity pylons for one!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gonna buy it (in america at the moment). It's region free right? (excluding DLC)

Tis indeed But its not out till november 20th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Where's the best place to order this from? Been a while since I had to import.

Playasia will probably stock the US version. There's videogamesplus.ca, I still use them despite the hacking incident a few months ago since it's one of the few places that ships US games.

NISA have confirmed they're publishing it in the west if you're willing to wait.

megaten wrote: »
    NISA have confirmed they're publishing it in the west if you're willing to wait.

Any idea when its released?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Heard 2013 for the EU version. Going with the US release as a result.

Looks like the potential new party member (Marie) is just another Social Link:

• Advertisement

jesus I can't wait for this now!

anyone who imported get there copy yet?

Just heard the new voice for Chie. Massive step down from the old VA in my opinion.

megaten wrote: »
    Just heard the new voice for Chie. Massive step down from the old VA in my opinion.
    They've a new Teddie as well don't they? The voice acting was one of the real strong points of the original. Still a great game just a bit of a shame.

Picked this up yesterday.

I told myself that I would finish assassins creed before playing persona but I can't see it happening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Been playing it the last few days. Never got round to finishing this on PS2 so it feels totally fresh to me.

Didn't notice that they've changed Chie's voice (not that I remembered her old voice) I like the updated graphics though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Anyone get their copy from videogamesplus pre-oredered and still not here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Mine arrived on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rlsniper789

I plan on buying P4G and a PS Vita as soon as possible. Persona 4 was my favourite RPG ever and damn near my favourite game ever (rivaled only by the MGS series), so having P4 on the go would be absolutely brilliant! Especially during dull lunch breaks.

Advertisement