Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cowboy boots in ireland

Options
  • 14-01-2011 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

anyone know where I can get a good pair of cowboy boots in dublin - or anywhere else in ireland really? seen threads on this before but no decent answers

- thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

China Blue in Temple bar always have a few pairs in there, they probably have more in the shop, here's the site http://www.chinablueshoes.com/mens/cowboy-boots.html

I'll be getting myself some new doc's over the weekend there, great selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 john almighty

thanks a mill! will try and call in to them over the weekend

by the way, just found this one in the powerscourt centre:

http://www.facebook.com/funkycowboyboots#!/funkycowboyboots?v=info

they don't seem to have a website but their selection looks pretty cool:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20079&id=146245732062857

• Registered Users Posts: 18 grotty

Went into china blues on Sunday and thought their service was rubbish. They had no boots in the size that I wanted womens 7- so not that unpopular; but it was how they dealt with it. We asked were they expecting another order in, the response was a flat no. I asked could they order in (even offered to give a deposit) the gentleman was really uninterested and said "not likley" we asked another assistent could she check their other shop, she side they didn't have them - maybe she knew off the top of her head, but given that she didnt know what stock her store had- I doubt it! We finally asked was there anywhere else in the city they knew of that did cowboy boots and they answered no.

delighted to see the heads up about powerscourt - I will be popping in at the weekend.

Thanks boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NJPOREILLY

I agree!!!
    The man in China Blue is an ignorant Pu of a man!!!
    I went in to purchase a few pairs of cowboy boots and he just treated me like dirt and was very ignorant and had no manners what so ever!
    I went elsewhere with my business and bought 5 pairs in a different shop up off Grafton Street and felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman where she was treated like **** in a shop because and returned the next day with all the designer bags to tell the shop assistant "remember me yesterday? the girl you were so rude to....
    BIG MISTAKE!!!
    So I won't be returning CHINA BLUE IN MARBLE ARCH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Out of interest, what are folks opinions on cowboy boots on guys? I've a few pairs and when I first bought them years back, a fair number of guys wore them but now you hardly ever see them on guys. Some of my mates slag me for wearing them but then if I'm on a night out, I can get complete strangers coming up to me complimenting them! Is it really a Marmite love/hate thing with people?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭MHalberstram

I have two pairs of Tony Lama cowboy boots and I wear them all the time (well most of the time anyway). I've had lots of compliments from ladies and a few sneering remarks from men. I usually reply with - "Watch out, Paul Galvin has a rival!" which tends to shut them up very quickly.

I wouldn't give a damn anyway what some bloke down the pub thinks, the majority of Irish men haven't a clue about style (and in many cases manners).

You cant go wrong with a quality pair of cowboy boots but you can go very wrong with what you wear with them. Proper fitting jeans are essential (wrangler or levi's work best) and make sure that they just sit slightly above the top of the heel. They should never come down over the back of the heel. Then get yourself a nice shirt and a belt with a decent buckle and your set. Remember it doesn't have to be a cowboy check shirt either.

If you want a different look try black jeans, black boots, t-shirt and black motorcyle style leather jacket for rocker look. Think Guns N Roses, they all wore cowboy boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Have you tried Ebay? my friend got a lovely pair off it last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

NJPOREILLY wrote: »
    I went elsewhere with my business and bought 5 pairs in a different shop up off Grafton Street and felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman where she was treated like **** in a shop because and returned the next day with all the designer bags to tell the shop assistant "remember me yesterday? the girl you were so rude to....
    BIG MISTAKE!!!

I think you need to try and get over it.

anncoates wrote: »
    I think you need to try and get over it.

I think shop assistants need to have manners. Many don't know the meaning of the word, or service for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

ongarboy wrote: »
    Out of interest, what are folks opinions on cowboy boots on guys? I've a few pairs and when I first bought them years back, a fair number of guys wore them but now you hardly ever see them on guys. Some of my mates slag me for wearing them but then if I'm on a night out, I can get complete strangers coming up to me complimenting them! Is it really a Marmite love/hate thing with people?

Hmm do you tuck your jeans into them?:rolleyes::P

• Advertisement

ronan45 wrote: »
    Hmm do you tuck your jeans into them?:rolleyes::P

I have yet to see anyone do this.

Advertisement